I play a tele. I'm looking mostly for classic rock, folk and grunge tones, so basically something with a good range. I don't have an acoustic at the moment so good warm cleans are important. I don't need much volume because I'm just playing in my room in a shared house and I don't want to annoy my neighbours. Because of this multiple input would be preferable.

I tried out a Blackstar HT-5 today and loved it, but just want to check that there's nothing better out there that I'm missing (or anything cheaper that's nearly as good, because 300 really is the top of my budget). I also quite liked the Vox AC4C1 which is £50 cheaper, but found the cleans too weak. Any recommendations? Thanks
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I think if you genuinely loved it, you have found your amp. There is not much in that price range to really look at that would be worth recommending you if you have already tried an amp you loved.

I say go for it with the Blackstar.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Quote by Bigbazz
I think if you genuinely loved it, you have found your amp. There is not much in that price range to really look at that would be worth recommending you if you have already tried an amp you loved.

I say go for it with the Blackstar.

+1

another thought is looking for a used Orange Tiny Terror. i don't know what they go for where you are at and what the exchange rates go, but i love my dual terror (two channel version).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I like the Blackstar a lot, the issue with it is the price. £300 is the very top end of my budget - eating nothing but rice and beans for a while kind of top end. So if there's a comparable but cheaper alternative I'd be very open to it. I'd love an Orange, but unfortunately a second hand Tiny Terror is out of my price range.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Check out a used Hayden Mofo 30!
Single channel, but the MOFO footswitch allows higher gain.
Cleans are lovely & there's certainly enough grit in the distortion.

There's also a switch underneath to turn the amp to a 2-watt for bedroom practices.

Best online demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3DkyNYxqyw
Laney vc30 or lc30 are worth a look at, plenty under £300 on fleabay and gumtree.