Imm0rtal
blackmetal in my vains
2,281 IQ
Hey guys im uploading the tab for my new song...it's technical black metal as it says and im planing to record it soon so any feedback would be welcome.Hope you enjoy it
Attachments:
Reign Of Insanity.gp5
EpiExplorer
orsonfacenospace
5,597 IQ
Thats intense, its like Aeon but really good. You HAVE to show it to me when you've recorded it.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
amonamarthmetal
1,808 IQ
It was kinda boring, it never changed.
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
EpiExplorer
orsonfacenospace
5,597 IQ
Wait, didn't mean Aeon, meant Portal.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Ometh
UG Addict
3,913 IQ
Quote by Imm0rtal
What do you mean by it never changed?

Not enough metalcore pedal riffs and choruses with clean vocals /trollface

To be honest that was fucking bludgeoning. Love the chords you used. Will crit this later for shure.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
BloodReverence
917 IQ
I'm with amonamarth, the rhythm was pretty well consistent the whole way through. There were no pauses, no changing of rhythms, just straight 32'nd and straight 16'th notes.

There were some cool ideas and i think it would sound MUCH better recorded (sounds like an abomination on guitar pro) but it's very monotonous as a whole.

I'd say add a section where the drums slow down for a bit, guitars are doing something that isn't 32'nd notes and put some atmosphere into it, then kick back into the intensity. It would make the track more dynamic and interesting.
EpiExplorer
orsonfacenospace
5,597 IQ
Quote by BloodReverence
I'm with amonamarth, the rhythm was pretty well consistent the whole way through. There were no pauses, no changing of rhythms, just straight 32'nd and straight 16'th notes.

There were some cool ideas and i think it would sound MUCH better recorded (sounds like an abomination on guitar pro) but it's very monotonous as a whole.

I'd say add a section where the drums slow down for a bit, guitars are doing something that isn't 32'nd notes and put some atmosphere into it, then kick back into the intensity. It would make the track more dynamic and interesting.

You kind of fixed the problem here, simply by saying its on GP5 atm. I think the key here is the note choices and appreciating the depth of this peice, which it has a lot of, and sticks to the genre, but also blasts it apart at the same time. The recording would simply be bringing this to life.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Imm0rtal
blackmetal in my vains
2,281 IQ
Quote by BloodReverence

which section do you mean exactly tell me the number so i can try and think of something
BloodReverence
917 IQ
Quote by EpiExplorer
You kind of fixed the problem here, simply by saying its on GP5 atm

No I didn't. The composition was still monotonous to my liking. Hearing it recorded would make the sound of the riffs better, which would be great, but it'd still all have roughly the same beat to it.

I think if you slowed things down between bars 59-60, added a more chill section, it'd help the composition. Keep things dark, slow down the drums to more of a chill ride cymbal beat and add some synths or leads for ambience? Just ideas.
Imm0rtal
blackmetal in my vains
2,281 IQ
I dont think il add synths because im more into the fast raw style of black metal but for the slowing down part il try to think of something and see how it works thanks
The Baconator
245 IQ
I liked this a lot as a whole, but I agree with BloodReverence, it felt very monotonous at parts. Measures 30-42 seemed to last forever, it got slightly annoying. Maybe decrease the repeats?
Quote by BloodReverence

I think if you slowed things down between bars 59-60, added a more chill section, it'd help the composition. Keep things dark, slow down the drums to more of a chill ride cymbal beat and add some synths or leads for ambience? Just ideas.

I think the break after 42 would be a great spot to fit in something cool, it seems like you could fit a really cool jazzy-ish solo or something there, but that's just what I'd do haha. This would definitely slay recorded though
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
I'm completely foreign to this genre and style, but it was definitely bludgeoning and relentless. The part that really caught my ear was when you let the second guitar stand out more. More deviation on the second guitar would really bring this to life, but it sounds like exactly what you wanted it to be.

Like I said, I know shit all about this genre, but it did sound like Portal, and it was solid.