its metallic red with a black pickup and the previous owner is h3llbent on it being made in 2009... it was bought for a hundred bucks on the online classifieds. However there are two things that need fixing...first it needs a new bridge, and ffinally a neck reset (according to the seller)....whats the best route to go about doing these? like how much is a decent trem bridge gonna cost, thats the first thing, then how much do you think a guitar shop (if you can recommend any in NC within a 120 mile radius of Greensboro that would be helpful) would charge to do the neck reset since i dont trust myself enough with guitars just yet to do it on my own. i got about $600 to spare and its either an amp or fixing the guitar that ive come to love a lot over the last, say, hour LOL
Did you buy it already? I really wouldn't bother with that.

What's wrong with the bridge?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Did you buy it already? I really wouldn't bother with that.

What's wrong with the bridge?

nah not yet, it looks blocked...like some thing is behind it?
Do you have pics?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Unless someone's filed the serial number off the back of the headstock, you should be able to find out the year of manufacture pretty easily. Should be the first 2 digits after the letter.

As for a blocked trem, unless someone did something stupid, it should only need to be removed to make the bridge back to normal. If they blocked both sides, you'd probably have to reinstall the claw & springs then do a full setup. But it would have the edge III bridge, so I wouldn't expect to be able to abuse it like Vai without it going out of tune.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
the serial number is I 090506490 just as a reference. not sure if the I is necessary but i included it because it was next to a whole bunch of digits which i assume is the serial number as they are on the headstock >.< anyhow with any indication, that would make it an '09 model, i assume

as for the pics its not letting me upload any guess cuz im new?
is there a way i can PM you the pic(s)?
Last edited by patrick.mergner at Apr 22, 2013,
Use a free image hosting site?

And from the serial #, it's a 2009 (I09xxxxxx).
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by DarthV
Use a free image hosting site?

And from the serial #, it's a 2009 (I09xxxxxx).

thanks DarthV on the Serial. And i tried using photobucket and even then it does that "forbidden link" thing whenever i try to post it. I just uploaded a couple pics of the guitar in my album but here's the link to photobucket just in case it works
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w524/Patrick_Mergner/bridge2onIbanez_zps2fc7d5b0.jpg

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w524/Patrick_Mergner/6330a00c-1ce0-492e-b72f-fea53f7fd8ad_zpse253961f.jpg

btw, think i got it unblocked, but is it supposed to sit that low?
Last edited by patrick.mergner at Apr 22, 2013,
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

Check out that guide for setting up a FR (floating trem). Pretty sure the Ibanez forums have photos of various edge bridges that show the proper level point for each type as well.

First thing you need to know is how string and claw position/springs need to balance each other. Without strings, you have no idea if anything needs to be adjusted.

And why is the left mounting post that far out of the body?
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
okay and i had to put it back it cuz it was out of the hole originally, this was just mid-work shot. its all the way back in right now will def check out the FR and Ibanez stuff like you recommend doing. thanks!
Your best upgrade for this is locking studs. These will greatly improve the stability of any floating bridge.
^ i'd say a far better trem would help far more. i don't hear too many people complaining about the stability of the ofr, for example. i mean the locking studs probably help a little (i know all the ibanez fans were up in arms when they discontinued them when the edge pro was released ), but worrying about locking studs when you have an edge III is a bit like worrying about the graze on your knee when you have a broken arm...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?