Hey guys,

I am not sure where this goes, I thought maybe musicians talk but I placed it here cause it is really nothing to do with my own creations. Basically, do you guys know a good (and preferably free) FLAC to Mp3 converter? I googled it but I really don't know what to trust. I looked at this one:

http://download.cnet.com/Free-FLAC-to-MP3-Converter/3000-2140_4-75206134.html

I just want to be able to listen to my FLAC files on my Mp3 player...

Cheers!
I use "Converterlite" but any freeware is fine most of them are offered free by the developers.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Thanks Banjocal, I'll take a look. I just didn't wana grab something full of viruses or something. If you have used it and it works, that is good enough for me!
I use Audacity

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
FormatFactory is a must have program if you have to deal with media files a lot, very useful and free program. gogeddit
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I've come to find the best tool for coding and decoding media is the codec its self. You can get both the flac and lame mp3 codec command line tools for free and they're rather easy to use.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Foobar if you already use it to play your music.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but I'd suggest you pick yourself up a Sansa Clip+ (or a newer model if they've made one), wicked little MP3 players that also play FLAC, OGG etc, it won an award for the amp in it (it really does have great sound) and has expandable storage, give it a look.
P.S. It's also really quite cheap, and if you're in Europe, you have the option to choose your region, pick rest of world and you get the "real" max volume capabilities
Quote by deathofagod
I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but I'd suggest you pick yourself up a Sansa Clip+ (or a newer model if they've made one), wicked little MP3 players that also play FLAC, OGG etc, it won an award for the amp in it (it really does have great sound) and has expandable storage, give it a look.
P.S. It's also really quite cheap, and if you're in Europe, you have the option to choose your region, pick rest of world and you get the "real" max volume capabilities

I got one of those and couldn't believe how great it sounded.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Pretty much any converter will do the trick. What's important is the codec you're using. LAME is the most popular choice as it's open-source, and also supports various types such as VBR and ABR.