Deadwood
0 0%
The Pacific
1 1%
Band of Brothers
19 15%
Voters: 123.
Page 1 of 2
So whatcha' ya'll favorite HBO series? Personally I think that I'm going to have to vote for The Sopranos, but Deadwood comes in at a close second. Come on in and cast a vote. I'm making Ten poll options only, so if I didn't get your show in there it's probably terrible.

The Sopranos

Game of Thrones
Entourage
Boardwalk Empire

Deadwood

Rome

Six Feet Under
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Band of Brothers
The Pacific

I'm looking forward to The Dark Tower, and American Gods which are coming soon I hope.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Last edited by Toadvine at Apr 21, 2013,
Band of Brothers is one of my favourite things ever created.
The Pacific was OK but nothing compared.

Got all the Sopranos boxsets, so will give them a watch in the future.
I'm quite fond of Life's Too Short, which didn't make the cut. Apparently it's a finished series, how sad.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Haven't seem many of those, voted Curb.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
You kidding? Band of Brothers trumps all the others easily
My God, it's full of stars!
I'm a gigantic Song of Ice and Fire fan and love what Game of Thrones I've seen but seriously, Band of Brothers. Can't be beaten.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Band of Brothers, The Newsroom and Curb Your Enthusiasm are all good from what I've seen, but Game of Thrones wins and it's not even close for me.
1. The Wire
2. Game of Thrones
3. Boardwalk Empire/Curb Your Enthusiasm
First season of Rome was amazing. The Wire as well. Game of Thrones shouldn't be winning shit
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by calnix
The Wire?

Shit, I love The Wire as well.
op needs life and times of tim and flight of the conchords.

Last edited by MinterMan22 at Apr 22, 2013,
http://youtu.be/RfMSxf6P_AM

Listen to the thunder. . .
Quote by macashmack
The Wire. The fact that you didn't post it shows you're a knob.

This is the correct answer.
Quote by macashmack
The Wire. The fact that you didn't post it shows you're a knob.

This is the only correct answer.

1. The Wire

10. Band of Brothers
11-x. everything else.

That is the distance by which the Wire owns. And I love Band of Brothers too.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
The Wire really isn't that good Way too overhyped IMO

Aside from that I've only seen Game of Thrones and Band of Brothers, both are which are (were) 2 of the best shows on TV.
lucky louie and game of thrones. characters in GoT are just so well developed (same in the books) but well done in the show
I've only seen Game of Thrones and The Newsroom. Started to watch Boardwalk Empire, but it bored me to shit. And I like Steve Buscemi. And I got less bored by the Newsroom. That's how boring Boarwalk Empire is.
I voted Game of Thrones but Deadwood would be my second choice. Band of Brothers and the Pacific were also great.
Six Feet Under is the best thing to ever come of HBO. I don't understand the hype behind game of thrones, I tried and tried to get into it but it's just not even the slightest bit interesting to me.
Carnivàle
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Cianyx
First season of Rome was amazing. The Wire as well. Game of Thrones shouldn't be winning shit

I love Rome, Deadwood, Band of Brothers, Carnival, and Flight of the Concords. True Blood first and second seasons were great but became bland now. The Pacific was alright and I haven't seen the others. John Adams was a mini-series, but it was good.

Currently Game of Thrones is the best HBO show imo.
Quote by TheChaz
I've only seen Game of Thrones and The Newsroom. Started to watch Boardwalk Empire, but it bored me to shit. And I like Steve Buscemi. And I got less bored by the Newsroom. That's how boring Boarwalk Empire is.

It's a slow moving show. It took me a while to get into it.
Totally worth it, though.

Quote by SkepsisMetal
The Wire really isn't that good Way too overhyped IMO

Shut your god damn sadistic mouth.
Last edited by goest at Apr 22, 2013,
How the fuck is Dexter not on your list?
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by goest
It's a slow moving show. It took me a while to get into it.
Totally worth it, though.

Shut your god damn sadistic mouth.

How long does it take to get good? I think I made it through like... 8 episodes. I never once was interested. Chalky was the only cool character.

^Possibly because it's on Showtime, but that's probably not it.
Quote by the bartender

Dexter is on Showtime, this poll only involves HBO series.
Quote by the bartender

Because it's not an HBO show?
Quote by TheChaz
How long does it take to get good? I think I made it through like... 8 episodes. I never once was interested. Chalky was the only cool character.

^Possibly because it's on Showtime, but that's probably not it.

I thought it was good from the beginning, I just couldn't get myself to watch it for a while. I think I watched the first episode a good 10 times before I finally got interested enough to continue.

Also, Richard Harrow is the tits and way cooler than Chalky.

Chalky's pretty bitching, though.
Last edited by goest at Apr 22, 2013,
While its not on the poll list, I liked Generation Kill a lot. Its a mini-series like Band of Brothers or the Pacific, so I think it counts.
If you had put the series Newsroom on I would've voted for that but since it only has one season I understand. But how the **** are you not going to put The Wire on there? Seriously Deadwood came to your mind before The Wire did? Even though it's not my favorite it's easily the best thing they ever made besides The Sopranos and I can recognize that.
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)
Last edited by LightxGrenade at Apr 22, 2013,
Page 1 of 2