GeeTar Gem
112 IQ
Sooo looking to add an Ibanez to the lot and was wondering which one is better for what I'm looking for. Can't find too much info on the S470 as far as reviews, it is a 2000 though that I'm looking at. Bill Lawrence L500XL humb. RG350 DX, floyd rose trem etc..

-Keep in mind they're literally the same prices on CL ($250) The S470 is an OBO.
-I'm looking to play some metal, but mostly shred a little more with Satriani, Vai, that kind of stuff.
-Which screams louder, I'm sure my LP is going to have more tone, but I just want a nice low action shredder.

Need Opinions and Advice!
Thanks in advanced!

[forbidden link]
[forbidden link]
Offworld92
One among the fence.
7,563 IQ
The S470 has a vastly superior trem system (assuming the RG350 has an Edge III).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
trashedlostfdup
diet coke fiend.
13,607 IQ
i agree with offworld that it is superior to the RG.

however, have you ever played an S-series ibanez? i have played a few and didn't really care for the feel of the body and the lightness and the curves. it seemed kind of odd.

if you go there to see it obviously you will get to play it, but take time to get acquainted. most people seem to love them, but the shape is not for all (and this is all my opinion)

good luck.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.
supersac
Tab Contributor
650 IQ
i have the lefty version of that rg
pretty sweet guitar if its an older one itll have the edge 3 which alot of peple dislike i found it pretty good for that price (although i replaced mine)
the s series has better bridge imo

i relaly like the S series but like said before the really thin body isnt for eveyrone
DarthV
356 IQ
Quote by Offworld92
The S470 has a vastly superior trem system (assuming the RG350 has an Edge III).

The 2000 s470 is not the same as the 'newer' ones. It should come with the lo-trs II bridge. So it's possible that it's a toss up between which trem is better. If it were 2003+, it would have come with the ZR, which is superior to the lotrs II and edge III.

One thing to remember, the S has 22 frets and the RG has 24.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Fender HM Strat
POD HD500
Kemper KPA
Offworld92
One among the fence.
7,563 IQ
^ Good point.

Though it's still a no contest, IMO. I have a Lo-TRS II on my 10 year old RG320, and it has given me none of the problems people complain about. Holds tune fine for me, I don't know what the supposed issue is...

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
jma1111
89 IQ
Quote by Offworld92

+2 S series is great! I got a S570MQM, amazing trem. The inf pickups sound alright in an S. Dont know about the RG.
Offworld92
One among the fence.
7,563 IQ
I'm not sure about other S models, but my S has the INF1/2 set, whereas RGs typically get the INF3/4 set. The 3/4 is terrible, but the 1/2 surprised me. They're pretty usable, IMO.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
J_W
65 IQ
Quote by trashedlostfdup

however, have you ever played an S-series ibanez? i have played a few and didn't really care for the feel of the body and the lightness and the curves. it seemed kind of odd.

I thought I wanted an S series for a while, until I actually played one. The body is paper thin and it's just light, it felt strange to me and I didn't like it.
Robbin'TheHood
Reggae Freak
1,383 IQ
I have an S470 and no major complaints. THe ZR holds tune better than any trem system I've ever had on a rg. Although the guitar is a little on the light side and I had to change the stock p-ups out (something you'll probably have to do on the rg). Besides I've never liked the blocky-ness of the rg's body.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Last edited by Robbin'TheHood at Apr 23, 2013,
trashedlostfdup
diet coke fiend.
13,607 IQ
Quote by J_W
I thought I wanted an S series for a while, until I actually played one. The body is paper thin and it's just light, it felt strange to me and I didn't like it.

+1 with everything from the times i have played them.

people either love them or hate them.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.