Page 1 of 2
Well, pit?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Whether you have a plug or a receptacle.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
a dick
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Culture
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Due
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Also if you're attracted to men, then you're a woman. If you're attracted to woman, then you're a man.
Who fucking cares?
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by N_J_B_B
Well, pit?

Scientifically speaking, chromosomes define gender. Females have two X chromosomes while men have an X and a Y chromosome, but gender can also be culturaly defined by 'choice of social role'. Essentialy, if a man wishes to consider himself as a woman and act and dress in ways associated with womanhood then he has every right to do so and we often find other people who respect that right referring to such men in the feminine rather than in the masculine, effectively 'defining' him as female.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Apr 22, 2013,
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Scientifically speaking, chromosomes define gender. Females have two X chromosomes while men have an X and a Y chromosome, but gender can also be culturaly defined by 'choice of social role'. Essentialy, if a man wishes to consider himself as a woman and act and dress in ways associated with womanhood then he has every right to do so and we often find other people who respect that right referring to such men in the feminine rather than in the masculine, effectively 'defining' him as female.

Seriously, TS, you couldn't look this up on Wikipedia?

It's not exactly a hotly debated issue. Biological gender is born into, societal gender is up to personal identification.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Actually, the presence or absence of the SRY region of the Y chromosome defines sex. Gender is culturally defined.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Quote by metal4eva_22

Quoted from the Oxford Dictionary.
"gender

1 [mass noun] the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones):traditional concepts of gender
[count noun] the members of one or other sex:"

So, the word 'gender' can be correctly used in the defining of someone's sex, (for example, the term that CoreysMonster just used when he said 'biological gender') essentially making the words 'sex' and 'gender' different ways of saying the same thing. Ergo, there is no strict rule to this.

It's only relatively recently with the advent of social rights for transgender people that anyone has started to consider the two words as having different meanings, but it is still considered acceptable by most to use the two words interchangably.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Quoted from the Oxford Dictionary.
"gender

1 [mass noun] the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones):traditional concepts of gender
[count noun] the members of one or other sex:"

So, the word 'gender' can be correctly used in the defining of someone's sex, (for example, the term that CoreysMonster just used when he said 'biological gender') essentially making the words 'sex' and 'gender' different ways of saying the same thing. Ergo, there is no strict rule to this.

It's only relatively recently with the advent of social rights for transgender people that anyone has started to consider the two words as having different meanings, but it is still considered acceptable by most to use the two words interchangably.

It's not correct to use the two words interchangeably in biological sciences, or psychology, or sociology. I'm not sure about other disciplines. And it's not just about transgender people. It's also to do with genetics. In science the goal is to be as specific as possible, so yes, it is wrong to mix up those two words.

I'm not as good at writing as you are.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Last edited by metal4eva_22 at Apr 22, 2013,
Quote by metal4eva_22
It's not correct to use the two words interchangeably in biological sciences, or psychology, or sociology. I'm not sure about other disciplines. And it's not just about transgender people. It's also to do with genetics. In science the goal is to be as specific as possible, so yes, it is wrong to mix up those two words.

I'm not as good at writing as you are.

Do you know where the word 'gender' comes from? We get it from the Latin word 'genus' which 'scientifically' as well as referring to race, stock, family, kind, rank order, species, or subspecies also refers to the "sex" of something. Essentualy, 'genus' is the scientific classification of life and marks every tiny 'genetic' (another word that's also derived from 'genus') difference in order to classify life, including the genetic difference between male and female.

By the way, the link you provided? It refers to how the words 'gender' and 'sex' are used just in 'medicine and nursing', not in science as a whole.
And Genius comes from the undefeated kiddy fiddling champions of the world, ancient greece.

or rome.

I don't actually remember which.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
No, chromosomes define sex. Sex is not gender. Sex is what you have down there and in your genes. Gender is a social construct which feeds off the idea that certain behaviours typically belong to the different sexes. Gender itself comes from the innate biological behaviours caused by genetics and hormones, but takes on the subjective perspective and blurs the line between what behaviours are objectively biological, and which ones are learned and are impressed upon an individual by society.

Quote by SlackerBabbath
Do you know where the word 'gender' comes from? We get it from the Latin word 'genus' which 'scientifically' as well as referring to race, stock, family, kind, rank order, species, or subspecies also refers to the "sex" of something. Essentualy, 'genus' is the scientific classification of life and marks every tiny 'genetic' (another word that's also derived from 'genus') difference in order to classify life, including the genetic difference between male and female.

By the way, the link you provided? It refers to how the words 'gender' and 'sex' are used just in 'medicine and nursing', not in science as a whole.

Per modern usage of the words, gender refers to the phenotype, sex to the genotype.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Apr 22, 2013,
Wasn't there a thread pretty much identical to this a few weeks ago?
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by leony03
Wasn't there a thread pretty much identical to this a few weeks ago?

there's probably one a month.
ha-haaa
Quote by Banjocal
there's probably one a month.

another thing that seperates the genders
Quote by devourke

But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by devourke

ha-haaa
Quote by devourke

Dictioncanary
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
Gender is an act. It's nothing more than a series of histories being enforced onto a person by a punitive social system which in turn enforces the illusion of "natural" and "discrete" gender roles.

Gender is a construct. Gender is social.

Sex is biological.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Apr 22, 2013,
Quote by Ichikurosaki
attraction

if a straight man is attracted to you, you are a sexy piece of meat, and vice versa

If you are a sexy piece of meat, a straight man is attracted to you?
What would a genderless society look like? Would there be sexuality?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Page 1 of 2