Can any fellow SC-607B players who use Line 6 Pod farm or Pod HD share with me some tips on getting a decent heavy tone for this guitar? Even perhaps share me a patch? I am not having much luck...

I have recently put new strings on and I play in G# tuning. I have a EMG 707 in the bridge and an 81-7 for the neck pu.

Thanks!
There's no such thing as guitar specific amp sim patches... It'll do you the world of good as a guitar player to learn to dial in your own tone.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
If you're tuning that low, you'll want to EQ out a lot of the lows. Other than that, you're on your own. Look at some of the stock presets and see what effects they use.
I have done a lot of dialing and still cant settle on anything that sounds as good as what other people have done with this device...Everything I come up with is either too bassy, too thin, too flat or too fizzy.

What I would like to hear is somebody's raw POD HD signal alone outside of a mix without any layering or post EQ. So I can have a reference to how a decent usable heavy tone should sound on its own at the start. I have been reading up on the whole subject for months now but have no real audio example to show me that this is something similar to what I should be aiming for.

I dont mean to be annoying or noobish I am just looking for some help and advice cause it has been frustrating me for ages now. I have been playing for 16 years and have only just entered the world of digital amp modelling/recording last year.
The tone is a mix sensitive thing. Often tones that sound great in the mix will sound crap else where. Always remember two things:

- The Bass guitar is actually the back bone of the low end of a guitar tone. The low end on a standard electric guitar is actually really damn muddy.
- The mids are the body of the guitar. Don't scoop too much of them out.

Also the cab sims are often a big let down in the tone of the Podstuff. Try loading an external cabsim with some different impulses. Also make sure you've taken out all the room ambience for a metal sound.

The tone you have honestly doesn't sound that bad. You'll have to try it in a mix to see what it sounds like... well in a mix. You know what I mean?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
The tone is a mix sensitive thing. Often tones that sound great in the mix will sound crap else where. Always remember two things:

- The Bass guitar is actually the back bone of the low end of a guitar tone. The low end on a standard electric guitar is actually really damn muddy.
- The mids are the body of the guitar. Don't scoop too much of them out.

Also the cab sims are often a big let down in the tone of the Podstuff. Try loading an external cabsim with some different impulses. Also make sure you've taken out all the room ambience for a metal sound.

The tone you have honestly doesn't sound that bad. You'll have to try it in a mix to see what it sounds like... well in a mix. You know what I mean?

Thanks for the feedback man, its the first sorta satisfactory tone I feel that I have come up with. Going to do a little a little mix today and see how it goes!