hey all i'm after some opinions on the ma ra 2x12 cabinet. how does it compare with the recto 2x12 and how would you describe it's sound characteristics?
I've played one -- I thought it was simply the same as a Recto 212 cab, but I may be wrong. I thought it sounded great!

However, I have a hard time differentiating between whether what I'm hearing (and enjoying) is from the cab or the amp itself -- if that makes any sense (it was a Royal Atlantic, in this case). To put it another way -- a lot of people say they like the sound of Celestion Vintage 30s. Well, my problem is that they sound different depending on what amp is driving them -- so I can't say for sure I'll like them or you'll like them. Your best bet is to just go out and try what you're considering buying. You really can't go wrong with Mesa though...
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
i think my mesa cab is OS, but i don't like it as much as the standard sized mesa cabs. but again i guess i am using a MKIV so you don't really want extra air and boomy-ness, but i have never played a RA so i probably am not able to contribute much, but OS is NOT always better.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/