Hey guys, I'm looking for an amp under 600 dollars. I'm looking for a tube amp or something that sounds like tube amp. I need an amp to be loud enough to gig with. Needs a good clean metal sound as well as cleans. I was looking a the new blackstar id60tvp and the blackstar ht-5h head. Needs to be able to hand any genre.
Genres: Metal, Blues, Death, Jazz

Help me out guys
thanks
How much do Peavey JSX's go for in your area? You're asking a lot of an amp to do all those genres for such a low price, maybe a Peavey Vypyr Tube would be a better idea.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
I think you will be hard pressed to find a quality tube amp for 600 dollars capable of all those genres...maybe a modeling amp is more of what you're after...maybe one a vox valvetronix or something of that sort?
the only thing ive come across that has decent cleans as well as being versatile enough for the genres youve mentioned is any of the POD HD models. plenty loud, has a headphone jack for bedroom use, but you would need to buy a PA or maybe it can be played directly through a cabinet, but im not entirely sure. sounds are great, VERY realistic, and with the HD500 you can blend 2 amps at once. i have the 400 and its more than able to get any tone i can think of.
blackstar ht20 studio? and if you van stretch a little, go for the HT 40 Club. i have the ht60 stage and i LOVE the versatility because of the voice buttons. i can almost get every sound i want.

and other pro of it is that it can be very loud if you want to gig with drummers and stuff...
Last edited by PowerEngine at Apr 22, 2013,
Quote by Bigbazz
How much do Peavey JSX's go for in your area? You're asking a lot of an amp to do all those genres for such a low price, maybe a Peavey Vypyr Tube would be a better idea.

This is the winner here. The Peavey is a great amp.

On the used, other options:

Mesa Boogie DC-3/5, F30/F50

Peavey XXX/Vypyr Tube 60/Ultra/Ultra +

Marshall DSL 401 (if you are luck a DSL 50 or 100)

Blackstar HT (I don't like these)

All I can think of off the top of my head, I will brainstorm for more.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.