Page 1 of 2
We are currently running for a top 100 spot in a competition where 8 winners get to play at the legendary Download Festival. We have come from 499th to 183rd in just a few days, but the top spots are now very close, so it is even harder to climb the ranks.

So, we need all of your help to vote for us if we have a chance of making it. I was thinking of places to try and get publicity and figured The Pit on UG would be seen by the kind of rockers we want to appeal to, so PLEASE PLEASE vote for us and we would be enormously grateful.

Thank you.

P.S. if you can get your mates to vote then that'd be amazing, but at least one vote from each of you would help massively.

http://download.redbullstudios.com/band/on-mercury/
Last edited by Cecil2595 at Apr 22, 2013,
forbidden rink
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
No.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Hmm well if we got through then I guess it'd be a great stepping-stone for our careers which would therefore hopefully get our music to your ears sooner
I don't think Download is the festival for you.

Try T4 on the Beach.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by Cecil2595
Hmm well if we got through then I guess it'd be a great stepping-stone for our careers which would therefore hopefully get our music to your ears sooner

Well, in that case....

No.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

If you're not even a regular in the Pit I don't know why you think any of us would vote for you.
I voted foe another band that I liked. Partially because I hate these threads, but I'm going to Download, and sod's law is that when there's no-one i want to see on the other stages, that's when the slot you'd get would be, and I'd rather listen to a band I can tolerate whilst standing at the nearby Guinness pop up bar.
See, you're one of those people that registers for the site, doesn't ever make any real contributions, and then thinks they can just come waltzing in and expect people to help them out. That's really just rude.

Quote by Cecil2595

Your music probably sucks anyway and even if you did do this you're still not going to have a career in music with your shitty (and probably bland and generic) band.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
See, you're one of those people that registers for the site, doesn't ever make any real contributions, and then thinks they can just come waltzing in and expect people to help them out. That's really just rude.

Your music probably sucks anyway and even if you did do this you're still not going to have a career in music with your shitty (and probably bland and generic) band.

Firstly, your first point doesn't make sense. How is it rude at all? I merely ASKED for your help, I didn't expect it of you.

Secondly, you're making intentionally insulting comments without even listening to us. And your point about not having a career in it? Haha. I can only wait to prove it to you. Just remember the name, that's all.

I don't know why you're all being cocks about this. I'm merely somebody that's trying to get my band out there and you're complaining about me not being a regular, demanding votes etc. If you're not going to vote for us, that's fine, but I don't see the need in flaming about it. Jesus.
Quote by Zerath
That youtube video felt like a school project.

It's just a still image...?
Quote by Cecil2595
Firstly, your first point doesn't make sense. How is it rude at all? I merely ASKED for your help, I didn't expect it of you.

Secondly, you're making intentionally insulting comments without even listening to us. And your point about not having a career in it? Haha. I can only wait to prove it to you. Just remember the name, that's all.

I don't know why you're all being cocks about this. I'm merely somebody that's trying to get my band out there and you're complaining about me not being a regular, demanding votes etc. If you're not going to vote for us, that's fine, but I don't see the need in flaming about it. Jesus.

No, you're someone who's band doesn't cut it, so in a desperate attempt to grab something, you're resorting to begging a bunch of strangers on the internet to help you, rather than just relying on the strength of your music.

Which you apparently have no faith in, since you're begging for help.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I've changed my mind. After seeing all the pittards get all worked up, I've decided to lend my support to your cause. Also, I wanna extend an offer to your band to set up and play a show at my sisters 29th bday party in June. I can pay you in beer. You can set up on the tennis court.

Keep rocking, or whatever it is you do.
Should've picked a more upbeat song.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Cecil2595
It's just a still image...?

The music in the video.
I read all the flaming and felt that you definitely didn't deserve any votes. Then I listened to your band...

... how did you guys manage 184th position on this list? Who even put you on this list?

Quote by Cecil2595
And your point about not having a career in it? Haha. I can only wait to prove it to you. Just remember the name, that's all.

Stop wasting your money, this isn't going anywhere. I'll never see your name in fame unless you guys change it and some actually good band rolls around and uses it instead. However, just because of your douchiness in this post, you pretty much repelled anyone from voting for you even if they were slightly thinking about it.

Hope your band never plays a show again !
it is our sole ambition to create music loved by the masses,but music still containing artistic value.

lol k, kid
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
you will find nothing but disappointment here.

take that as an apology if you want.

also, 'band' is a collective, singular noun
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by metacarpi
No, you're someone who's band doesn't cut it, so in a desperate attempt to grab something, you're resorting to begging a bunch of strangers on the internet to help you, rather than just relying on the strength of your music.

Which you apparently have no faith in, since you're begging for help.

I have loads of faith in our music, I wouldn't be in the band if I didn't. But without people knowing about our band, there's only so far we can go.

Furthermore, about us being "a band that doesn't cut it"? Seeing as we have been together for only 6 months, we have progressed phenomenally. Look at our YouTube profile and see our material before you judge us on one single song. Personally, I would have chosen 'Erase' by us, but that's beside the point.

I would appreciate and respect your opinion if you, or anybody else, explained WHY you didn't like our sound, but I actually take no notice of people that give the opinions you do, just as those that just say, "you're good" and that's it. I actually want to hear feedback, otherwise we'll never improve, and seeing as this is our ultimate and single career choice, progressing is essential.
The music and vocals definitely need work and its not really suitable for Download Festival so for your own sakes, it wouldnt be a good idea to win. This is more for Reading or something.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by leony03
The music and vocals definitely need work and its not really suitable for Download Festival so for your own sakes, it wouldnt be a good idea to win. This is more for Reading or something.

Yeah I know what you mean, although considering the competition came up I didn't think it wise to pass it up, as it is an extremely rare opportunity. But yeah thanks for your feedback.
See, if you were a pit regular you would know that these guys always get their panties in a twist when people ask for shit like this. I'll give you a little credit that you didn't just register yesterday or anything though.

You guys mixed that yourselves didn't you. It sounds okay I guess, I feel like I would actually kinda like it if it was mixed better. Vocalist has an interesting style. I would vote for you if it didn't require facebook stuff. I don't want spam and shit.

Oh, and even if you guys made like #1 on this contest list they would probably just put you on a tiny ass shitty stage with barely enough room to stand, through you in some forgotten corner of the festival area, and like 4 people would come watch you play. I haven't been to Download but at other festivals thats how things like this always seem to turn out. You're better off just playing regular local shows, because it will be less work and more people will go to see you.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Last edited by Danjo's Guitar at Apr 22, 2013,
Quote by Cecil2595
Yeah I know what you mean, although considering the competition came up I didn't think it wise to pass it up, as it is an extremely rare opportunity. But yeah thanks for your feedback.

You guys have got potential. Good studio quality recording, just the playing needs tightening somewhat. I've heard better but Ive also heard faaaarr worse
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by Cecil2595
Why...?

Because you joined in '10 and have only posted 7 times (and aren't a Pit regular). That's why I'm not voting for you.
Quote by Cecil2595

You wouldn't just go up to a random stranger on the street and ask them for help, would you? But here's the thing: with random strangers, you would at least have a clean slate. With us... not so much. You registered for the site, didn't post anything for three years, and then show up expecting us to help you.

And what, did you ask us for help expecting us to specifically not help you? If anything doesn't make sense, it would be that.

And no, you're never going to make it, especially with that kind of attitude.

Quote by Cecil2595
I have loads of faith in our music, I wouldn't be in the band if I didn't. But without people knowing about our band, there's only so far we can go.

Furthermore, about us being "a band that doesn't cut it"? Seeing as we have been together for only 6 months, we have progressed phenomenally. Look at our YouTube profile and see our material before you judge us on one single song. Personally, I would have chosen 'Erase' by us, but that's beside the point.

I would appreciate and respect your opinion if you, or anybody else, explained WHY you didn't like our sound, but I actually take no notice of people that give the opinions you do, just as those that just say, "you're good" and that's it. I actually want to hear feedback, otherwise we'll never improve, and seeing as this is our ultimate and single career choice, progressing is essential.

Look buddy, every moron to ever start a band has "[had] loads of faith in [their] music" unless they were some sort of joke/parody band. Just because you like your music doesn't mean it's any good.

And honestly, "[progressing] phenomenally" after six months don't mean shit.

See, you've made the mistake of thinking that because you like your band and think that you're the greatest thing since sliced bread you automatically deserve to have success delivered your way. Guess what? Pretty much everybody else has thought that too. What makes you so special?

Seriously, get over yourself.

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Because you joined in '10 and have only posted 7 times

All of which have been in this thread.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Apr 22, 2013,
Let's vote for this shit little band so they get booed by a couple of thousand people and you do the propper thingand hang yourself of the London bridgen
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by Cecil2595
...and seeing as this is our ultimate and single career choice, progressing is essential.

You're all going to die AIDS infested tramps by the way
The Pit isn't the place for a newbie to accrue votes, my friend.
Quote by Danjo's Guitar
See, if you were a pit regular you would know that these guys always get their panties in a twist when people ask for shit like this. I'll give you a little credit that you didn't just register yesterday or anything though.

You guys mixed that yourselves didn't you. It sounds okay I guess, I feel like I would actually kinda like it if it was mixed better. Vocalist has an interesting style. I would vote for you if it didn't require facebook stuff. I don't want spam and shit.

Oh, and even if you guys made like #1 on this contest list they would probably just put you on a tiny ass shitty stage with barely enough room to stand, through you in some forgotten corner of the festival area, and like 4 people would come watch you play. I haven't been to Download but at other festivals thats how things like this always seem to turn out. You're better off just playing regular local shows, because it will be less work and more people will go to see you.

Oh it doesn't come up on your newsfeed when you vote. So you won't spam. But thanks for the feedback about the mix.

Yeah the Red Bull stage is the smallest of them, but still it's all experience and will be the first outdoor stage we've played (that is if we get through). But yeah we still do play as many local shows around London as we can and generally get decent crowds.
Quote by leony03
You guys have got potential. Good studio quality recording, just the playing needs tightening somewhat. I've heard better but Ive also heard faaaarr worse

Thanks very much, appreciate it.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Because you joined in '10 and have only posted 7 times (and aren't a Pit regular). That's why I'm not voting for you.

I don't really see how that's a valid reason but never mind, do what you wish.
See, you've made the mistake of thinking that because you like your band and think that you're the greatest thing since sliced bread you automatically deserve to have success delivered your way. Guess what? Pretty much everybody else has thought that too. What makes you so special?

Seriously, get over yourself.

All of which have been in this thread.

I don't believe that at all, I fully understand it takes loads of hard work and am more than willing to do that.

Exactly. Everybody begins like that, and it's the ones that continue this belief throughout that separate themselves from the rest. I can only show you where we are this time in 5 years.
Fed to the ****ing wolves, I knew this thread would bring a smile to my face first thing, should have posted in it the band promotion section or whatever that is, they probably would have been more friendly. OP keep your stick on the ice, you'll make it one day...or die trying.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by Cecil2595
I don't really see how that's a valid reason but never mind, do what you wish.

It's a valid reason because you come here expecting help from us, when we know you posted very little and have not been active on the site. It's like joining a free social club, then never coming to meetings, and later on expecting them to help you out. They'd be like, "Why? You didn't even bother to be social with us." If a Pit regular or someone who had a 1000+ posts asked for help, I'd do it without hesitation.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Apr 22, 2013,
Since the majority here have been pretty uninviting, I will be honest and say I like your sound. It's kinda raw. Suitable for Download? Probably not however.

You're more on the soft side of Alt Rock from what I heard, like to compare, Arctic Monkeys. Don't think they'd get many behind them if they went to Download.

But I know what you mean, you want to make your band be seen which is understandable. And lighter bands have played Download.

But yeah, you kinda came to the wrong place.

Good luck anyways.
Page 1 of 2