Would using a low-end audio interface for recording using virtual amps be a good idea

I am thinking of using a low-end audio interface for recording stuffs, but instead of recording by mic-amp combination, I plan to connect my guitar directly to audio interface, and use virtual amps and cabinets to record my stuff.

I know that using a low-end audio interface when recording by physical mic-amp combination produces a low-quality sound, but I am not sure what happens when recording by virtual amps and cabinets. Would sound quality deteriorate as in physical case? Or would the use of virtual cabinet mask the sound quality damage done by low-end audio interface?
can't polish a turd etc.

However there are very decent 1 or 2 input audio interfaces that are very simple no frills and not too expensive.

go see the sticky on interfaces but for under 200 you can get something relatively decent
Quote by flexiblemile
can't polish a turd etc.

However there are very decent 1 or 2 input audio interfaces that are very simple no frills and not too expensive.

go see the sticky on interfaces but for under 200 you can get something relatively decent

All true.

The sticky has recommendations for all budgets of interface as well as multitrackers if you choose to go that route instead.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Nope. Not at all. An mbox will do just fine. Electric guitars aren't natural instruments and therefore you can make them sound however you want through processing. Just as along as you get a strong, sustained signal you will have no problems.