I like country, all u haters can keep on hating, reminds me of my cottage, being on the lake fishing etc. Country ftw.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I like Jazz because it makes me seem more intelligent and mature to people. That, and my well kept hair which I keep as nice as most girls I know lol
*any musical genre* because it sounds nice.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
I like country because it reminds me of simpler times. It's also killer when you're drunk.
I like country because just like most genres if you give it a chance you'll find stuff you like in it and stuff you don't like. Although I poop my pants in fear when death metal comes on so it doesn't apply to all situations.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
I like power metal for its epicness.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I think most people like music based on the environment they either live in, want to live in, or strongly appreciate, along with their perception of said environment.
I notice most reasons for people liking country doesn't actually have anything to do with country music at all. I could write funk songs about fishing, and being on the lake, and beating my wife/sister and it would achieve the same purpose, except sound better.

****ing plebs.

I like funk because of the aggressive highly syncopated rhythms, the willingness to go a little outside the lines of comfortable tonality and simply the energy much of it has. Can I relate to being a black urban youth in early 70's Detroit? No, so for me to say something about liking a style of music because it somehow arbitrarily relates to my life experience would be utterly ******ed and give off the impression that I have the IQ of a goldfish, drive a Chevy truck and date a fat "cosmotologist."

I will give the exception for specific songs that remind you of specific events/people/moment.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Oh, I forgot to say that for real I like Grime because it's the best music going

EDIT:

Don't get gassed,
Tell this pussyole don't get gassed.
Man wanna act up, they'll get slapped up

Oi blaaaad

Don't get gassed,
Man wanna act up, they'll get slapped up
Last edited by willT08 at Apr 22, 2013,
I like punk because I grew up during it's creation. The raw energy and emotion in it reaches down the front of my pants and rummages around for a while.

Why wouldn't I like it?
I enjoy drone-based music because of the timbre and subsequently texture formed by different sources of the tones, but also for the emotion that can be held in the subtlety of a minimalist approach. Drone doom seems to be able to entice emotion in slow, stumbling progressions which reinforce themselves with each repetition; a simple melody fusing with a looming atmosphere to create absolutely hypnotic, crushing progressions (and if it's live, even better). In ambient or orchestral based works it's even more to do with texture and the subtle variances in the technique which each instrument utilizes, each coming in and out of play to weave an intricate ambiance. Like noise, I find myself listening to different layers present.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by The Madcap
I think most people like music based on the environment they either live in, want to live in, or strongly appreciate, along with their perception of said environment.

Or maybe they just like how it sounds...(Seriously, applying "environment" argument to music is SO pretentious...)
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Or maybe they just like how it sounds...(Seriously, applying "environment" argument to music is SO pretentious...)

But also definitely true...
Quote by Banjocal
I enjoy drone-based music because of the timbre and subsequently texture formed by different sources of the tones, but also for the emotion that can be held in the subtlety of a minimalist approach. Drone doom seems to be able to entice emotion in slow, stumbling progressions which reinforce themselves with each repetition; a simple melody fusing with a looming atmosphere to create absolutely hypnotic, crushing progressions (and if it's live, even better). In ambient or orchestral based works it's even more to do with texture and the subtle variances in the technique which each instrument utilizes, each coming in and out of play to weave an intricate ambiance. Like noise, I find myself listening to different layers present.

aka

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
^

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
No, it isn't. Look into the semantics of a word before using it. The artistic environment in which you are raised in has a great affect upon your tastes. If someone's lived in the country most of their life and doesn't have as much experience with, say, metal, their perception of it relative to what they're fundamentally used to and fond of is key. Furthermore from a less global perspective, you often have to be in the right mood for some music. Which is also a factor which relates to it.

Simply saying "I like how it sounds" is no reflection of actual enjoyment other than a basic begging-the-question fallacy. Explore in yourself why you like something. What qualities do you like which are specific to the genre? And what emotional ties do you have to an artist or scene?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Apr 22, 2013,
For some reason I recall a time when TS said that he likes country but it turned out that he only listens to shitty pop country. I don't remember if that actually happened though.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I like metal because it's a good way for me to get rid of pent up aggression. I like prog and the like because I enjoy mentally following melodies and rhythms that are not necessarily intuitive or simple.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
I like metal because it's a good way for me to get rid of pent up aggression. I like prog and the like because I enjoy mentally following melodies and rhythms that are not necessarily intuitive or simple.
There's something incredibly satisfying about following a really angular melody or a series of odd time signatures, haha.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
i like metal because it has a seriousness that is lacking in most modern music; it has an atmosphere that is both worldly and spiritual, that seeks the transcendent and the marvelous; it has values, values that are not commonplace values of weakness.
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
i like metal because it has a seriousness that is lacking in most modern music; it has an atmosphere that is both worldly and spiritual, that seeks the transcendent and the marvelous; it has values, values that are not commonplace values of weakness.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Apr 22, 2013,
I used to like metal because I was a huge fag, but now I just like jazz because it makes me appear more sophisticated and just like a guy that likes his females to have their breasts covered in fur instead.
Last edited by captainsnazz at Apr 22, 2013,
Quote by rushpython
*any musical genre* because it sounds nice.

/thread
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by captainsnazz
I used to like metal because I was a huge fag, but now I just like jazz because it makes me appear more sophisticated and just like a guy that likes his females to have their breasts covered in fur instead.

Well done!

Quote by Banjocal
No, it isn't. Look into the semantics of a word before using it. The artistic environment in which you are raised in has a great affect upon your tastes. If someone's lived in the country most of their life and doesn't have as much experience with, say, metal, their perception of it relative to what they're fundamentally used to and fond of is key. Furthermore from a less global perspective, you often have to be in the right mood for some music. Which is also a factor which relates to it.

Simply saying "I like how it sounds" is no reflection of actual enjoyment other than a basic begging-the-question fallacy. Explore in yourself why you like something. What qualities do you like which are specific to the genre? And what emotional ties do you have to an artist or scene?

Why are you taking it so seriously?...

Fucking hell, man...now, I'm depressed. (Not really.*)

*Need I see "Not really, guys! This is a joke" every time it's a joke?
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Apr 22, 2013,
I like rap because it helps me with poetry and English and it builds a bigger vocabulary. Real rap like Potluck, Dirtball, Tech n9ne, Eminem, Hopsin and whatnot. Not whats on the MTV charts