Page 1 of 3
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22257451

The death penalty would be letting him off lightly. The victims will have to live with their injuries for a lifetime. He should also be made to suffer for as long as he shall live naturally.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Last edited by leony03 at Apr 22, 2013,
tbh thats a weird definition of weapon of mass destruction, however i feel no sympathy for that pos whatsoever.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Under what definition do backpack bombs fall under 'weapon of mass destruction'?
I'm normally a forgiver, but this doesn't bother me in the slightest.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
Tbh i wanted to see another 9/11. Best tv ever.

He should get the death pen.

Maybe he hated snickers?!
Yeah, I also had to double-take the "WMD" bit. As far as I know, a nuclear missile is a WMD whereas a ball-bearing bomb isn't.

Quote by Lucky-Luciano
Tbh i wanted to see another 9/11. Best tv ever.

He should get the death pen.

Maybe he hated snickers?!

Nigga pls. Adults are trying to have a serious talk here.

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
A weapon of mass destruction (WMD) is a weapon that can kill and bring significant harm to a large number of humans (and other life forms) and/or cause great damage to man-made structures (e.g. buildings), natural structures (e.g. mountains), or the biosphere in general.

from wiki

Criminal (Civilian)
For the purposes of US Criminal law concerning terrorism,[28] weapons of mass destruction are defined as:
any destructive device defined as any explosive, incendiary, or poison gas bomb, grenade, rocket having a propellant charge of more than four ounces, missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than one-quarter ounce, mine, or device similar to any of the devices described in the preceding clauses[29]
any weapon that is designed or intended to cause death or serious bodily injury through the release, dissemination, or impact of toxic or poisonous chemicals, or their precursors
any weapon involving a biological agent, toxin, or vector
any weapon that is designed to release radiation or radioactivity at a level dangerous to human life[30]
The Federal Bureau of Investigation's definition is similar to that presented above from the terrorism statute:[31]
any explosive or incendiary device, as defined in Title 18 USC, Section 921: bomb, grenade, rocket, missile, mine, or other device with a charge of more than four ounces
any weapon designed or intended to cause death or serious bodily injury through the release, dissemination, or impact of toxic or poisonous chemicals or their precursors
any weapon involving a disease organism
any weapon designed to release radiation or radioactivity at a level dangerous to human life
any device or weapon designed or intended to cause death or serious bodily injury by causing a malfunction of or destruction of an aircraft or other vehicle that carries humans or of an aircraft or other vehicle whose malfunction or destruction may cause said aircraft or other vehicle to cause death or serious bodily injury to humans who may be within range of the vector in its course of travel or the travel of its debris.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Last edited by Momentosis at Apr 22, 2013,
Quote by Momentosis
from wiki

Hmm, thats quite a generalisation. I guess following that definition, then its true. But if it is, that term is way too loose.

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by Momentosis
from wiki

so every gun in existence and swords are WMD too?

edit/nvm this post, due to guys edit/

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Apr 22, 2013,
I added more.

Apparently pipe bombs belong in there.

Quote by CrossBack7
Well I guess if it fits the definition then go for it, it just seems odd at first read that it'd come under that
I don't see why he anyone deserves the death penalty.

And lol @ 'weapons of mass destruction'. Idiot managed to kill a pathetic amount of people given the circumstances: fairly certain that you could have killed more standing at the finishing line with a knife, or by putting diuretics in the water.

Edit: if we're saying that that's the definition of WMDs then Saddam did have them. So why did the government get all grovelling about their incorrect data?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Apr 22, 2013,
using a weapon of mass destruction + one count of malicious destruction of property resulting in death

they going easy on dis nigga, i can think of at least 10 more things to pin on this asshole
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Todd Hart

Edit: if we're saying that that's the definition of WMDs then Saddam did have them. So why did the government get all grovelling about their incorrect data?

>Liberals
i assume he doesn't like america. he should be gang-raped by obese people, then fed nothing but cheeseburgers until he dies.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
So you support the death penalty for someone who's obviously innocent? That's nice.
sunbather is shit
Quote by beefcake122
So you support the death penalty for someone who's obviously innocent? That's nice.

I'm sorry?
It's no conspiracy theory that the government was behind this, it's blatantly obvious. If you want to lie to yourself and deny that then go ahead. All the evidence is right out in the open, I honestly have no idea how any sane person could think the two "suspects" were behind this.
sunbather is shit
Quote by beefcake122
It's no conspiracy theory that the government was behind this, it's blatantly obvious. If you want to lie to yourself and deny that then go ahead. All the evidence is right out in the open, I honestly have no idea how any sane person could think the two "suspects" were behind this.

Provide it.

EDIT: Also, wouldn't it have to be a conspiracy theory if the government were behind it? Your first sentence makes no sense
Quote by Todd Hart

Because WMD = Nuclear Missiles

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by beefcake122

3/10
Quote by beefcake122

Evidence biatch. You have none.

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by beefcake122
See, this guy gets it. It's those filthy democrats, tryin' to profit off the deaths of millions. Obama nation, or Obamination?

You choose.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

Quote by Todd Hart
3/10

Feeling generous today Todd

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by leony03
The death penalty would be letting him off lightly. The victims will have to live with their injuries for a lifetime. He should also be made to suffer for as long as he shall live naturally.

The problem is...that wouldn't be showing the man justice. It would be exacting vengeance upon him. The law isn't meant to be an instrument of vengeance.

Quote by JimmyBanks6
tbh thats a weird definition of weapon of mass destruction, however i feel no sympathy for that pos whatsoever.

Yeah, I agree. But if they charge him with that particular crime, chances are, he'll probably get a stiffer penalty.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Apr 22, 2013,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
The problem is...that wouldn't be showing the man justice. It would be exacting vengeance upon him. The law isn't meant to be an instrument of vengeance.
I am in agreement with this post, but just remember that this is the American government.

EDIT: I agree with the last phrase, rather.

Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Some people would debate that the death penalty would be fair, and on an even playing ground to what he did, and therefore just.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

How? He killed 3 people, one guy lost both his legs and over 150 more were injured.

The death penalty is letting him off way lightly if you add all those things up together.

Quote by angusfan16
I'm totally against the death penalty, but for this guy its okay.

lol.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by leony03
How? He killed 3 people, one guy lost both his legs and over 150 more were injured.

The death penalty is letting him off way lightly if you add all those things up together.

Letting him off lightly in what way?
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I am in agreement with this post, but just remember that this is the American government.

EDIT: I agree with the last phrase, rather.

The American government generally is quite good about not exacting vengeance within the court system. The key phrase being "within the court system". Our country isn't so good at it when it comes to things like warfare or the Gitmo prisoners.

Quote by leony03

The death penalty is exacting justice upon him. Just because he did a terrible thing, that doesn't mean we can treat him as less than human. (Although, when it comes to things like Gitmo, as I said, the US government hasn't always followed this principle.)

Quote by JimmyBanks6
Some people would debate that the death penalty would be fair, and on an even playing ground to what he did, and therefore just.

I would agree with those people. I'm simply saying that we shouldn't decide to, for example, torture him for a few years and THEN kill him.
Quote by Todd Hart
Letting him off lightly in what way?

He will suffer for a split second and then thats it.

It's not the same as experiencing loss of your two lower limbs and having to change your whole lifestyle and possibly preventing you from doing many things.

Obviously, I'm not saying the punishment is to chop both his legs off with an axe and tell him to deal with it but letting him die quickly is what he would probably prefer compared to a lifetime in the clanger.

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Really? What is 'the law' but a set of prescribed punishments for transgression?

Almost the EXACT definition of 'vengeance', according to Merriam-Webster...

Definition of VENGEANCE
: punishment inflicted in retaliation for an injury or offense :
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by leony03

It's not the same as experiencing loss of your two lower limbs and having to change your whole lifestyle and possibly preventing you from doing many things.

Obviously, I'm not saying the punishment is to chop both his legs off with an axe and tell him to deal with it but letting him die quickly is what he would probably prefer compared to a lifetime in the clanger.

Again, you're talking about vengeance. Vengeance is NOT what the US Court System is designed to do.

Quote by Arby911
Really? What is 'the law' but a set of prescribed punishments for transgression?

Almost the EXACT definition of 'vengeance', according to Merriam-Webster...

Definition of VENGEANCE
: punishment inflicted in retaliation for an injury or offense :

And it's that retaliation part that distinguishes justice from vengeance. Justice is concerned with fairness. A definition of "just" follows:

1. guided by truth, reason, justice, and fairness: We hope to be just in our understanding of such difficult situations.
2. done or made according to principle; equitable; proper: a just reply.
3. based on right; rightful; lawful: a just claim.
4. in keeping with truth or fact; true; correct: a just analysis.
5. given or awarded rightly; deserved, as a sentence, punishment, or reward: a just penalty.

I think that #1, #2, & #5 would apply in a law court. But notice how "just" has nothing to do with retaliation.
Quote by leony03

Yeah, but, he'll be dead. This argument is way old, you should know all this.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Again, you're talking about vengeance. Vengeance is NOT what the US Court System is designed to do.

Fair justice is what its designed for.

One death against 3 and 150+ injured isn't fair.

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by leony03
Fair justice is what its designed for.

One death against 3 and 150+ injured isn't fair.

And torturing the man to death is fair? How?

Edit:
Btw, "fair justice" doesn't mean that people get to be brutally killed simply because of the severity of their crimes. It means that their punishment fits their crime and is humane. The death penalty fits both the crime and is humane.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
Yeah, but, he'll be dead. This argument is way old, you should know all this.

It's also invariably flawed. People need to stop letting their feelings dictate what they think should be done to human beings who commit terrible crimes.
Page 1 of 3