ntdtv.org/en/news/china/2013-04-12/lawyer-defending-falun-gong-beaten-by-chinese-police.html

Lawyer Defending Falun Gong Beaten by Chinese Police

youtube.com/watch?v=c3aFCfusJqE

Last week we reported that a Chinese lawyer was detained by a court after defending a
practitioner of the Falun Gong spiritual practice. Today, another human rights lawyer with Falun Gong clients was badly beaten by police.

Cheng Hai, shown here with an injury to his face, says about 10 uniformed police assaulted him in Dalian city in northeastern Liaoning Province. They kicked him, tore his clothes and punched his face.

It happened outside a courthouse in Dalian. Cheng was there with another lawyer. They were demanding answers after the court suddenly postponed a trial of 13 Falun Gong practitioners. According to a report by Weiquanwang, a human rights website, the practitioners were arrested for installing satellites to receive signals for watching NTD Television. NTD is known for reporting about topics censored by Chinese authorities.

The Chinese Communist Party has cracked down on the Falun Gong spiritual practice since 1999. Part of the persecution has been denying practitioner access to proper legal assistance.

Chen told Reuters that his beating was a, “very serious case of Chinese law being trampled upon and ignored.”
Whatever multi/adbot

*reported*

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Whilst the poster may be a spammer/robot, I can't help but reply on the topic anyway. Chinese police are always beating up human rights activists, it's not exactly uncommon and it'll be a while yet until they get with the rest of most of the world in terms of human rights. Still, I find China is unready to conform to these - that's not their fault. People keep pressuring China into modernize faster than it can. People also seem to be forgetting that the emergence of modern China is around 60 years. No other country has done what China did - modernizing from poverty into a global super power - and most likely never will. This is a means feat and China is trying 10 times fold to better themselves than any other country. 60 years is not a lot of time and for what they've achieved, no one should be complaining.

If countries want to complain, please evaluate your own country first. China doesn't need reminding of their flaws.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Apr 22, 2013,
Quote by Harmonius
Whilst the poster may be a spammer/robot, I can't help but reply on the topic anyway. Chinese police are always beating up human rights activists, it's not exactly uncommon and it'll be a while yet until they get with the rest of most of the world in terms of human rights. Still, I find China is unready to conform to these - that's not their fault. People keep pressuring China into modernize faster than it can. People also seem to be forgetting that the emergence of modern China is around 60 years. No other country has done what China did - modernizing from poverty into a global super power - and most likely never will. This is a means feat and China is trying 10 times fold to better themselves than any other country. 60 years is not a lot of time and for what they've achieved, no one should be complaining.

If countries want to complain, please evaluate your own country first. China doesn't need reminding of their flaws.

theepochtimes.com/n3/18502-a-debt-fueled-bubble-called-china/

Market analysts and investors view the Chinese state through rose-colored glasses believing that it is a country that will rise to economic power. They ignore any signs of trouble, be it the lack of transparency concerning economic data, local government debt, real estate problems, fraud, corruption, or political interference.

“While it is true China has seen dramatic improvements in its economy over the last 30 years, my view has been and remains that most of the ‘growth’ of the China ‘miracle’ is just a debt-fueled bubble built upon a loose foundation of Government corruption and fraud,” a March 21 article on the Gains, Pains & Capital website suggests.
Quote by Harmonius

While your points are reasonable, making excuses for such behavior is detrimental to promotion of continued change.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Harmonius

Nonsense. The Chinese government only gets away with things like this because people don't talk about it enough. The Chinese government seems to be preoccupied with appearing in a good light, and if these acts can be exposed more and more to international audiences, the government might ease up, if even just to save face in the international community.
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan
Nonsense. The Chinese government only gets away with things like this because people don't talk about it enough. The Chinese government seems to be preoccupied with appearing in a good light, and if these acts can be exposed more and more to international audiences, the government might ease up, if even just to save face in the international community.

I'm not even trying to defend their actions - what they've done is terrible and that's not even half bad comparing to what they've done in the past. Just last week, a girl was run over by a police car and the officer did a hit-and-runaway (caught on camera). If you want bad news on China go here: www.chinasmack.com, one of my favourite sources of news and entertainment on anything ridiculous in China.

I'm just stating what I did before we get the typical negative responses. All I hear is bad stuff about our neighbour and no one ever concentrates on the good things. As I've already stated, 60 years is not a lot of time and for the things China achieved thus far, we've got no real right to put more pressure on them. China will learn eventually and very soon. No need to continue picking out the flaws, they already know.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
As I've already stated, 60 years is not a lot of time and for the things China achieved thus far, we've got no real right to put more pressure on them.

Yes we do.

China will learn eventually and very soon. No need to continue picking out the flaws, they already know.

Obviously they don't.
PM me for newts