Alright so this is the second used pedal i've ordered from guitar center (blah blah blah) and so far as i can tell, it's broken. It's a boss dd-6 and i can't get the thing to turn on. I've been under the impression that when you turn one on (never had boss before) there should be some audible "clicking" noise when you press down on it; i've not managed to get the switch to click. I've seen other boss pedals have that standard metal switch underneath, (mine is bare, like here [forbidden link] no idea if that's standard with some pedals) but i've already tried to press it down while open and that didn't work out either.

I'm able to get sound through the pedal and all, but is there any way to get the switch going again? The rating online when i bought it was "great" and everyone seems to claim that boss pedals are indestructible... I can't imagine why anybody would send a broken pedal (again)
Last edited by j3st3r187 at Apr 23, 2013,
Is the battery plugged in? The come with a cover over them to stop them from draining.

What have you tried to do?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Yeah i've already checked the battery, i get a clean signal through the pedal whenever it's plugged in, i just can't engage.

Well i've fiddled with the switch for all of ten minutes thus far, I really have no idea what to do
boss pedals don't have that distinct *click* sound and feel that you find on other pedals. they use a soft switch. if you step on the pedal, it should work. stomp on it if you feel the need to
I'd rather have a dirty shirt and a guitar than a clean shirt and no music.

Turn my amp up to 11 six nickel-wound strings have saved me again.

music + food + beer= the good life
Quote by j3st3r187
Alright so this is the second used pedal i've ordered from guitar center (blah blah blah) and so far as i can tell, it's broken.

take it back to guitar center, they'll be able to help better than we can help.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Make sure you have the guitar plugged into "Input A (mono)" and use "Output A (mono)" to the amp. That's if your running it in front of the amp. Also make sure you have the "E.Level" turned up to, for you can actually hear the effect. If you're running it in an effects loop on your amp then hook the FX send to the "Input A" of pedal and "Output A" to the FX return.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Apr 22, 2013,
30 day money back guarantee. Just take it back. From my experience, it's no-hassle.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Boss pedals do not have mechanical switches, they use FET switching (advertised on the box I believe) and it's just a little plastic switch underneath the shell. Does the light come on?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Boss pedals do not have mechanical switches, they use FET switching (advertised on the box I believe) and it's just a little plastic switch underneath the shell. Does the light come on?

Thank you all for the help

no the light won't even come on
Quote by jthm_guitarist
They still have a mechanical switch to fire the FET. The switch doesn't click but it still has one.

Before you get irritated with somebody give them a chance to make good. If it's faulty they should replace it, if it's operator error they'll explain what you did wrong.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification