Just got a Peavey Classic 60/60 power amp to go with my Rockmaster pre. I'm digging it so far. Won't get to really turn it up until the weekend though. I used to have a VTM120 for many years that got stolen. For a little while, I was using a Marshall MG100 just because it was better than nothing. Then I got the Rockmaster and ran it into the effects loop return of the MG, which wasn't bad but still left something to be desired. So far it seems like this was it. It really woke up the preamp. Definitely a great metal setup. I plugged in my B standard guitar and really nailed the tone from Heartwork. Because of the lack of presence, I think it could benefit from an EQ. I only got it today though so we'll see after I have more time with it. I won't be able to crank it until I go to band practice on Saturday. Definitely be recording something with it then.
Attachments:
rack.jpg
Last edited by Dysprosium at Apr 22, 2013,
What is the rockmaster based off of?

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
I'm pretty sure it is basically like the Ultra
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

That's what I've always thought.

HNAD, cool setup!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by Robbgnarly

Yeah, the Rockmaster came first, but the Ultra/XXX series are derived from it. I have to say though that I like my setup better. I was using someone else's Ultra Plus head for a little while before I got the RM and even though what I have is almost electrically identical, I really think it sounds better than the Ultra did(it was still a great head though).
Congrats man. I'd love to give a rack rig a try one day.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals