I have a Taylor 514CE, truly lovely guitar, I love it, but I've noticed that after about 2 weeks of use, my strings start going out of tune every 5 minutes. Which strings should I get (i don't mind heavy gauge) to keep me in tune the longest? I do 2 hour+ performances with it so it's nice not to have to tune up every 2 seconds.
default string response: strings are cheap, buy several different brands and see what works for you. everybody is different when it comes to ph of your sweat, etc. so buy some and try some.

second: i think this would be better posted in the acoustic forum. i probably only see a thread about an acoustic every week or so, most of us here primarily play electric.

good luck,
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
hah i play electric too, and by 2 hour performances, i mean busking
(don't laugh, when you're 15 it's much better money than working at a fast food joint!)
are you using a humidifier? keeping it consistent?

if they are literally being tuned every five minutes, i would think setup or bridge issues could be an answer, and your method of stringing.

i haven't played acoustic in five years. sold my last one. i do have many vintage classical guitars though. but probably around 14-16 electrics, i really don't know how many.

you WILL get a better answer in the acoustic forum though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
For maximum age, I prefer the Elixer Nanowebs. I think they sound great too!
"I think, as a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas come into your head."
- Devin Townsend
I play acoustic on a cheap Yamaha FG700MS pretty much hour a day and it needs to be tuned once a week. That's definitely a setup issue, not string. Although old strings do go out of tune at times, going out of tune even every day makes no sense to me.
By the way, as trashedlostfdup said, Acoustic Forum.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Do you have the strings wrapped correctly around the tuning peg so that they aren't slipping? Also,new strings will take a little time to stretch and will go out of tune when you first start using them.
Once your strings are on after a few days of use they should be better at staying in tune, not worse... I'd say give your guitar a setup, or have a guitar tech you trust check your setup/ set it up for you.

Then again, if you're playing that long every day, maybe your pick attack is too aggressive and causing the strings to detune? If you're really bashing on it for two hours straight that might be the problem right there.