Page 1 of 3
how about some inherently evil career choices?

journalists/paparazzi
lawyers
advertising/marketing niggas
salesmen
politicians
bankers
alternative medicine practicioners
heroin dealers
loan sharks

any more? let us compile a list and discuss morality
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
What does a trainee lawyer and a sperm have in common?

One in 50 million has a chance of becoming human.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
futures traders.

also, who needs morality when you got a big house and a nice car.

edit:
+ estate agents/realters
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Random3
A rapist.

thats not a career, but a hobby
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Doctors. Saving all those stupid people from themselves.
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Day traders. There's investors like Warren Buffett who help build up businesses, and there's leeches who literally spend their time trying to turn $1 into $1.05 based on the tiniest fluctuations of the market. They contribute nothing.

Also human traffickers and stuff.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Drug dealers are nice people
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Musicians are inherently evil. You know it's true, so fuck off about it
Quote by ne14t
I like a man's cream on my face every morning before my tea.

My girlfriend and her mom see each other nude daily for some weird reason
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Drug dealers are nice people

sure, but if you're selling heroin chances are most of your customers are addicts

depends on the nature of yer game
Quote by korinaflyingv
Journalists are good (not paparazzi)
Lawyers are good (if you care about having a free state where individual liberties are a natural right)
Politicians are good, if you want to live in a democratic republic and not be at the whim of a monarch, emperor, or the majority.
Everyone else on your list is an asshole.

How about those people who go to college without declaring a major and spend 40 grand a year to learn cheese making and native american tribal dances and then get a cubical job selling soap?
Quote by macashmack
Lawyers are good (if you care about having a free state where individual liberties are a natural right)
Politicians are good, if you want to live in a democratic republic and not be at the whim of a monarch, emperor, or the majority.

How about those people who go to college without declaring a major and spend 40 grand a year to learn cheese making and native american tribal dances and then get a cubical job selling soap?

Literature stud- oh.
Salesmen are evil? I suppose you make informed buying decisions via the internet, huh TS?
Quote by JustRooster
Salesmen are evil? I suppose you make informed buying decisions via the internet, huh TS?

salesmen are simply there to try to trick as much money out of you as possible
Quote by macashmack

depends on where you draw the line between journalist and paparazzi
lawyers are hardly defendable
if you are a politician in a position of power chances are you didnt get there by being an honest and nice fellow, but i guess the title isnt inherently evil
Quote by korinaflyingv
Last edited by Burgery at Apr 23, 2013,
Quote by Burgery
depends on where you draw the line between journalist and paparazzi
if you are a politician in a position of power chances are you didnt get there by being an honest and nice fellow, but i guess the title isnt inherently evil

Well, a paparazzi follows celebrities that just want to live their live. A journalist finds out news, might even go to areas that are unsafe (like a war zone) in order to bring the public knowledge.
I understand you're other points.
Yeah, ****ing journalists like Ronald Haeberle and Amber Lyon, how dare they leak photographs of massacres by the US army and information about the US's backing of Bahrain's violent regime?!
Quote by Burgery

Sounds like you haven't talked to many salesmen.
Quote by macashmack
Well, a paparazzi follows celebrities that just want to live their live. A journalist finds out news, might even go to areas that are unsafe (like a war zone) in order to bring the public knowledge.
I understand you're other points.

lets agree that journalists are neutral

i typed a bunch of anti journalist nonsense but i would be opening a can of worms by posting it
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by Burgery

Well obviously, that's their job.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Day traders. There's investors like Warren Buffett who help build up businesses, and there's leeches who literally spend their time trying to turn $1 into $1.05 based on the tiniest fluctuations of the market. They contribute nothing.

Also human traffickers and stuff.

I remember us doing the same in that game.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I'm just bitter I couldn't figure out how to do it. :/
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
I'm just bitter I couldn't figure out how to do it. :/

lol. I don't even think one needs a college degree to do that job.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Owenlee55
Yeah, ****ing journalists like Ronald Haeberle and Amber Lyon, how dare they leak photographs of massacres by the US army and information about the US's backing of Bahrain's violent regime?!

I dont understand why people get so angry at things like this. Yea we all know, killing is bad. But you want to know what the military exists for? To kill people! Yep, that's right. It is a multi billion dollar complex with one simple goal; kill everyone else. Kill anyone who is a threat to it's country, kill anyone who might be a threat to one's country, and keep the people of ones country safe from other countries (NOT keep other people safe from it's country). We are not ever going to get to a point where countries don't need a military (at least not anytime soon).

Quote by Burgery
lets agree that journalists are neutral

i typed a bunch of anti journalist nonsense but i would be opening a can of worms by posting it

Deal
Quote by Burgery
how about some inherently evil career choices?

journalists/paparazzi
lawyers
advertising/marketing niggas
salesmen
politicians
bankers
alternative medicine practicioners
heroin dealers
loan sharks

any more? let us compile a list and discuss morality

True stuff: At some time in my life I've been most of those things. I don't deny my evilness though.
Quote by JustRooster
Sounds like you haven't talked to many salesmen.

i have friends that are salesmen, one is a waiter in a fancy restaurant and he talks about how he's taught to use some cray speechcraft to manipulate guys that are trying to impress their dates into buying more expensive wine and food

something like

poor soul: im gonna have this shitty wine
waiter: i really wouldn't recommend that wine, wouldn't you rather have [$150 bottle of wine], its her birthday after all. this night should be perfect, dont you agree?

you need to have some srs swag to not come off as an asshole if you still want the shitty wine
Quote by korinaflyingv
Last edited by Burgery at Apr 23, 2013,
Quote by macashmack
I dont understand why people get so angry at things like this. Yea we all know, killing is bad. But you want to know what the military exists for? To kill people! Yep, that's right. It is a multi billion dollar complex with one simple goal; kill everyone else. Kill anyone who is a threat to it's country, kill anyone who might be a threat to one's country, and keep the people of ones country safe from other countries (NOT keep other people safe from it's country). We are not ever going to get to a point where countries don't need a military (at least not anytime soon).

Deal

No, but the public should know what it is that our military are doing, freedom of information. And you know what? Most of what the military does in the first place is entirely unjustified and for the personal gain of multinationals and politicians, not to save the poor people from their oppressors or to protect us back at home.
Quote by Burgery

Of course they are.

Who's going to try and ensure that you're given a fair trial?

Who's going to work on your behalf to get compensation for an employer's negligence/wilful abuse?

Who's going to ensure that you think of everything when you write a will in order to prevent pointless in fighting after your death?

This short sightedness is why lawyers are needed at all.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
Of course they are.

Who's going to try and ensure that you're given a fair trial?

Who's going to work on your behalf to get compensation for an employer's negligence/wilful abuse?

Who's going to ensure that you think of everything when you write a will in order to prevent pointless in fighting after your death?

This short sightedness is why lawyers are needed at all.

alright, doesn't change the fact that in court lawyers are legally obligated to lie to get you off easy even if they know you've committed a heinous crime
Quote by korinaflyingv
Not all salesman are evil just the ones that work based on commission, because the ones like myself that are salary and don't make any extra when we sell more honestly don't give two ****s about pushing a sale, same reason I only deal with Long and McQuade for my music gear, their sales staff is non-commission so they aren't trying to get you to buy something. I am horrible when it comes to sales people, they walk up to me and I basically tell them to **** off and eat shit kindly.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by Burgery
i have friends that are salesmen, one is a waiter in a fancy restaurant and he talks about how he's taught to use some cray speechcraft to manipulate guys that are trying to impress their dates into buying more expensive wine and food

something like

poor soul: im gonna have this shitty wine
waiter: i really wouldn't recommend that wine, wouldn't you rather have [$150 bottle of wine], its her birthday after all. this night should be perfect, dont you agree?

you need to have some srs swag to not come off as an asshole if you still want the shitty wine

The famous first words of a fake story.
Quote by JustRooster
The famous first words of a fake story.

the ad hominem attacks of a rooster unwilling to admit defeat

Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by Burgery
alright, doesn't change the fact that in court lawyers are legally obligated to lie to get you off easy even if they know you've committed a heinous crime

nope.

You're not allowed to mislead or knowingly allow others to mislead the court.

Or at least that's the case in sensible places.

All you're allowed to do if you know your client is guilty is examine the prosecution's case and highlight the flaws. If your client is then found not guilty, the case wasn't strong enough.

And if the client is found guilty you're meant to put forward the circumstance which you feel the court should take into consideration in order to obtain the best result for your client.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Ransom collectors.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Duke Ellington

I'm sick and tired of people calling America the stupidest country in the world. I personally think Europe is the stupidest country.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
nope.

You're not allowed to mislead or knowingly allow others to mislead the court.

Or at least that's the case in sensible places.

All you're allowed to do if you know your client is guilty is examine the prosecution's case and highlight the flaws. If your client is then found not guilty, the case wasn't strong enough.

And if the client is found guilty you're meant to put forward the circumstance which you feel the court should take into consideration in order to obtain the best result for your client.

well youre a stupidface

honestly i haven't a clue what im talking about when it comes to lawyers or the justice system in general. im just going by what ive heard.
Quote by korinaflyingv
It can go either way. There are scumbag lawyers and there are selfless public interest crusader type lawyers.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Page 1 of 3