Cavalcade
razor sharp
1,942 IQ
This certainly isn't bad. The guitars are on the harsh side (turning down the highs will fix this), and the snare is irritatingly middy.
supersac
Tab Contributor
650 IQ
the guitars could use to lose a bit or treble

other than that its ounds pretty good
even though this isnt my usual style of listening

c4c?https://soundcloud.com/isaac-corrales
Last edited by supersac at Apr 24, 2013,
BloodReverence
917 IQ
The drums are really low, they could stand to go up in the mix. Same with the bass. The mix is very guitar/vocal dominated, if everything was evened out more the mix would sound more professional. The vocals have good presence and I wouldn't change much on them (other than the delivery but that's a personal thing).
Slayer127
930 IQ
Quote by BloodReverence
The drums are really low, they could stand to go up in the mix. Same with the bass. The mix is very guitar/vocal dominated, if everything was evened out more the mix would sound more professional. The vocals have good presence and I wouldn't change much on them (other than the delivery but that's a personal thing).

Is it the type of screaming or the actual delivery itself?
BloodReverence
917 IQ
Quote by Slayer127
Is it the type of screaming or the actual delivery itself?

I prefer music like this to have clean vocals, but mostly it's the second part. The hoarse, yelling stuff sounds silly to me and always has. Bands like Sepultura and random hardcore bands I've heard do it as well and I never could understand the appeal. I'd much rather have that scream you had in the first part stay consistent through the song than that kind of style.

As I said, just my personal preferences, you don't have to change anything if that's the style you were going for.

Also, the guitars could stand to have a tiny bit more gain.
Jehannum
Bant
2,445 IQ
It's pretty close to sounding great. Once the levels are sorted, it will. Main problem at the moment is the weakness of the drums.
21Fretter
Tab Contributor
414 IQ
I thought the guitars were solid. Agreed on drums, I think it's more a mid issue, sounds muffled. Are you using vst drums? In the verses the hi-hat doesn't have an as opened sound as one would expect.
aaron aardvark
5,077 IQ
Slayer127,
The verse vocal style sounds a bit evil for my taste, though it fits the song. I like the vocals during the chorus better. Guitar playing & riffs are good. I think there is plenty of guitar amp gain. That cymbal at ~1:45 sounds machine-like when it repeats a lot. Please review my (non-metal) music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1601212