Pit. I'm looking for some really ****ing scary survival horror PC games. Problem is I'm picky. I've played Doom 3 and Dead Space, they were pretty good but I'm looking for something less action based. Been playing SCP-Containment Breach and Slender: The Arrival, and I really like those but they're starting to lose their charm. I'm not a big fan of puzzles either, tried playing Amnesia but it just wasn't that scary and the puzzles were annoying. I've heard good things about the Silent Hill series, but have yet to check them out.

tl;dr: suggest and discuss good survival horror games without too much action or puzzles.
Rob a bank with naught but a paring knife and try to get away. That's the best survival game.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Silent Hill 2 is great, i'm not sure how well it will hold up since I played it when I was a kid.

Check out Fatal Frame too, I hear that is pretty good.

Resident Evil (old ones) are good too but they are very puzzle/fetch questy.
definetly try the silent hill games the first 3, and homecoming,avoid downpour lol,the condemned games were pretty good,also ive heard good things about amnesia for pc
Nice opinion.Too bad it ain't the same as mine.
I gotchu nig

Silent Hill 1-3, Downpour was pretty good too (just play SH2/3 on easy/normal puzzle difficulty. 1 and Downpour's puzzles aren't balls difficult. SH2 is my second favorite game of all time)
Resident Evil Remake (Gamecube), Resident Evil 2 (these have some dumb puzzles, but are pretty much the only RE games worth a damn, More so the Gamecube RE)
Lone Survivor (kinda like a 2d Silent Hill)
Condemned 1 (not exactly horror, but kinda spooky. The sequel is good for awhile, but then gets really dumb)
Metal Gear Solid 1 is action/stealth, but some of the game gives off a creepy vibe that I highly advise checking out even though it's not horror
People said Fatal Frame II was good, but I never played it and didn't like the first one
The Suffering was pretty neat
I've heard Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube is fantastic
System Shock 2 is cool
Alan Wake starts off good, but loses steam after a while.

That's all I can really think of for now.
Last edited by soundgarden1986 at Apr 24, 2013,
The first 3 Silent Hill games are ****ing great. 1 is my personal favorite, followed by 3 with 2 bringing up the rear.

The Cry of Fear mod for Half Life looks pretty good. It's coming out on Steam sometime this week or next for free as well.

Imscared is a ****ing awesome indie horror game. It only takes about 20 minuets to play, but is soooo good. http://gamejolt.com/games/other/imscared-a-pixelated-nightmare/10058/

I have this game, Run Vengeance, sitting on my desktop waiting to be played. A buddy of mine recommended I play it. Another short indie horror game. http://games.softpedia.com/get/Freeware-Games/Run-Vengeance.shtml

Other than those, Alan Wake, and Lone Survivor are worth a look as well.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by soundgarden1986
I gotchu nig

The Suffering TTB is superior.
ayy lmao
Amnesia picks up after a bit, like you can't really say how scary it is until after you get through the prison level.

Resident evil + silent hill 1-3. Don't play RE1 if you have access to the remake of 1 because it's amazing, but I don't think it's on the PC and if it was the controls would be even WORSE for re. Also these games are both puzzle orientated.

Lone survivor, it's mostly survival the puzzles aren't really puzzling as much as they are finding shit.

Dead space is not survival horror at all really.

Quote by soundgarden1986

Condemned 1 (not exactly horror, but kinda spooky. The sequel is good for awhile, but then gets really dumb)
I've heard Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube is fantastic

I can second these because I've played them (well only condemned 2 but I hear the first half is improved 1 and the second half is shooter action shit).

The suffering is all action, it's even more action than dead space.

Eternal darkness is really good to. It's not really horrifying as much as is dark and eerie.
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at Apr 24, 2013,
Quote by ChucklesMginty
The voice acting is definitely odd, which actually kind of adds to the creepy effect actually IMO.

Of course the graphics have aged badly but it's still one of the best games ever and everyone should play. Number 3 as well, after that... Not so much.

I've played a fair few horror games and none of them have got under my skin so much, that game is just downright disturbing.

Dat abortion scene at the end with Claudia
--F.E.A.R. 1st one is pretty creepy in several places..2nd one was ok.. no experience with the 3rd one

--Alien vs Predator II.. All time favorite game to play online..used to play it online all the time not too long ago.. That will get your blood pumpin..Survivor mode FTW.. single player is ok.. not great but not bad either

--Alien vs Predator III.. pretty than its predecessor, but not as god game wise imo

--Left for dead 2

--Call of Duty Zombie mode
#1 2001 MII Jackson DK-2
#2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire
#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe
#4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson
#5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special
#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
Quote by Bad Kharmel
If you have not yet, for the love love of God, play Resident Evil 4

Action-horror not survival
Quote by Mufassa
--F.E.A.R.

--Alien vs Predator II

--Alien vs Predator III

--Left for dead 2

--Call of Duty Zombie mode

r u avin a giggle m8

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Metro 2033 just due to the horrors of Ranger mode Hardcore
“Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you've felt that way.”
― Charles Bukowski

Twitter if you want
Ju-on scared the shit out of me on youtube walkthroughs but I've never played it.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
dead island on ps3, it's not really scary, but when you walk and you just get attacked by a group of zombies, that scares you lol
Quote by maggot9779
Silent Hill 2 is great, i'm not sure how well it will hold up since I played it when I was a kid.

I always held SH2 in high regard as well. I got the chance to replay it last year. It holds up alright, but I can't say it aged incredibly well. Good for a playthrough, at least.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Bad Kharmel
If you have not yet, for the love love of God, play Resident Evil 4

This. I don't care if it's not the genre he's looking for. It's a ****in awesome game.
Outlast looks really good, but you need a good PC to run it properly. It's coming out on PS4 as well, i think, but buying a console just for one game (at least for the price it's at right now) is a bit too much.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.