I have an older Ibanez Soundgear 6 string bass. It's a great intsrument for what I originally got it for and it has a good amount of sentimental value to it now. I wanted to fix it up a bit, including some new pickups. Does anyone know what the specs are on these basses and/or any suggestions on some pickups?
Which model and year is your Ibanez?
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I suspect that it is the one with Bartolini-type soapbar pickups. If you don't like those, Carvin makes a similar soapbar that sounds very good. Or you could look at the higher-end offerings from Bartolini. All of their pickups have detailed dimensions and specifications listed on their website.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
I suspect that it is the one with Bartolini-type soapbar pickups. If you don't like those, Carvin makes a similar soapbar that sounds very good. Or you could look at the higher-end offerings from Bartolini. All of their pickups have detailed dimensions and specifications listed on their website.

It depends on what he means by "older" since Ibanez went through three changes in their pups in the last 20+ years.

Early 90's ('92-'93) used J-bass style single coils.

The '94-'02ish were had the EMG Extended series sized pickups.

'04-now have either MK1/2 or BH1 sized pickups.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!