Hi all,

I bought an ENGL Screamer 50 combo amp second-hand about 4 years ago. The previous owner had not used it much, and it was in very good condition.

Due to various circumstances I have also not had the chance to use it much, and have decided to sell it.

Despite being probably 5-6 years old it has never been gigged, and is in very good condition. A couple of very minor nicks to the tolex, but nothing else. I recently changed the tubes, so they are fresh.

The only minor thing is that the previous owner took out the Celesion V30 speaker and put in a V12-80.

Given the above, how much do you think I could reasonably expect to sell the amp for?

Thanks
GEAR:
* Schecter S-1 Elite guitar
* Bareknuckle Miracle Man pickups
* ENGL Screamer 50 Combo amplifier
* Boss TU-2 tuner pedal
* Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ pedal
Bedford, about 50 miles from London
GEAR:
* Boss TU-2 tuner pedal
Also, if it helps, I've been trying to recall, and I believe I paid around £575 for the amp when I purchased it.
GEAR:
* Boss TU-2 tuner pedal
Given it retails for around £850, I think taking into account the really good condition it's in for its age, but on the other hand the fact it's had a speaker change, I shouldn't accept less than £500.

Does that seem a fair assessment? I've never sold an amp second-hand before, so I don't really know...
GEAR:
* Boss TU-2 tuner pedal
Look on gumtree and ebay to see what people are asking and selling for. 2nd hand markets vary a lot, but 1/2 of what you paid for it is typical. Of course condition can make it more valuable or less.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i wouldn't take any less than £500 for it, given you bought it for £575 (you think) maybe £450 at ABSOLUTE lowest
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.