Page 1 of 2
Weaponized
41 IQ
ok going to sleep for 30 minutes after not having any sleep all night. I read some internet and it seems like this is the best course of action. Gonna try and sleep and set my alarm for 40 minutes from now, will report results. see ya
Mind_Reader7
Tab Contributor
211 IQ
Never had any luck myself. If my job didn't suck, I would so do the uberman schedule.
"I think, as a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas come into your head."
- Devin Townsend
Ometh
UG Addict
401 IQ
Light a candle on top iof your matress so your house can burn down while you sleep. Hopefully you'll manage to kill some children in the process
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
macashmack
Maskcashmack
170 IQ
You need more sleep than that. It takes about an hour for a person to fall into deep sleep (the place where your mind rests the most) so you're probably not going to feel that rejuvenated after this power nap...
Ssargentslayer
Registered Abuser
30 IQ
Quote by Ometh
Light a candle on top iof your matress so your house can burn down while you sleep. Hopefully you'll manage to kill some children in the process

Wait.. Wat
macaroni
UG's Colourblind Guy
50 IQ
If you haven't slept all night, then no, 30 mins won't do shit, infact you might feel worse after.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
donender
Get back to work
70 IQ
I've had long nights of studying or doing coursework, got back home the next day and tried to wait until at least early evening to sleep, but usually just collapsed into bed as soon as i got into my room, woke up about three or four hours later.

So yeah, i reckon you will be asleep for at least three hours, it seems to help a little bit.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
pawnluv
Spread The Luv
50 IQ
2 hour naps are the only way to go. Anything less is a waste of time
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
kurtmania
10 IQ
the poer naps are the best way for the mind to function....in theory pactically im not so convinced. however if yiu manage to do it for a week or two depending in sime variables as soon as you lay your head down to rest your body will throw itself into rem sleep almost immediately. but the couple weeks leading up to that moment will totally suck balls as you beg for sleep but stick to it dont wafer. relax I be a doctor
Mathedes
Dissonant Unison
30 IQ
It's been an hour and ten minutes. He's not coming back.
We're all alright!
MinterMan22
steady eating booty mc||
51 IQ
Quote by kurtmania
the poer naps are the best way for the mind to function....in theory pactically im not so convinced. however if yiu manage to do it for a week or two depending in sime variables as soon as you lay your head down to rest your body will throw itself into rem sleep almost immediately. but the couple weeks leading up to that moment will totally suck balls as you beg for sleep but stick to it dont wafer. relax I be a doctor

irrefutable proof
..::fat
lard::..
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
80 IQ
apparently it didn't work because he didn't come back

RIP
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Aralingh
Intelligent person
20 IQ
It will only make you feel worse. Naps in general reflect poorly on your health if you actually fall asleep during one.
Aralingh
Intelligent person
20 IQ
Quote by WhiskeyFace
Fall asleep during a nap?

I don't equate napping to sleeping.

When I take a nap, I may be on the very verge of falling asleep, but I don't, simply very relaxed and lying, usually while listening to music.
Mathedes
Dissonant Unison
30 IQ
Quote by Aralingh
I don't equate napping to sleeping.

When I take a nap, I may be on the very verge of falling asleep, but I don't, simply very relaxed and lying, usually while listening to music.

Yep. It helps to clear out the mind. Takes the edge off of things.
We're all alright!
guitarxo
cat
10 IQ
I love naps. Mine are usually 4 hrs long though :/

I just like getting ready to sleep, super comfy and wrapped up in a blanket with something to cuddle, and then I daydream/make up stories in my head until I fall asleep and it's so nice and relaxing
cat
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
10 IQ
They don't work for me, but that's because I find it impossible to get to sleep in less than about 45 minutes, which rather undoes the whole principle.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Apr 25, 2013,
SkepsisMetal
✈ 🍁
100 IQ
I've always had quite bad troubles sleeping, and probably get an average of 3-4 hours a night and naps in the day have only ever served to double my tiredness and make me groggy for the rest of the day. Not convinced by the polyphasic sleep studies.
I still go by the 90 minute cycles and it seems to work fine.
Rust_E_Stringz
30 IQ
Your body needs at least the minimum of 4 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period. 1 hour to fall into sleep 2 hours of REM sleep and 1 hour to come out of the REM sleep. The military uses this concept.

Power naps do work but, if your body is not used to taking them it will be harder for that person to wake at a certain time. I take a 30 minute nap mostly at lunch times and no alarm clock or anything is needed.

If you are good at keeping your body at a normal sleep cycle and routine then most times then not you won't have any need for a alarm clock. Try it for 2 weeks, I go to bed at 11pm and wake every day at 4 am with no alarm clock.
Last edited by Rust_E_Stringz at Apr 25, 2013,
Butt Rayge
UG Resident
190 IQ
Quote by macashmack
You need more sleep than that. It takes about an hour for a person to fall into deep sleep (the place where your mind rests the most) so you're probably not going to feel that rejuvenated after this power nap...

That's actually the point. If you fall asleep for more than half an hour or so, you go into a deep sleep and wake up with sleep inertia. Sleep inertia is what makes you late for work/school because you turned off your alarm and closed your eyes for what seems like only a minute.

If you don't fall into a deep sleep, you wake up without feeling tired.
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
10 IQ
Quote by Butt Rayge
That's actually the point. If you fall asleep for more than half an hour or so, you go into a deep sleep and wake up with sleep inertia. Sleep inertia is what makes you late for work/school because you turned off your alarm and closed your eyes for what seems like only a minute.

If you don't fall into a deep sleep, you wake up without feeling tired.

Until three days later when, due to having had absolutely no deep sleep, you collapse from exhaustion.

Trying to control your sleep pattern is stupid, regardless of what method you're trying to use. Let your body sleep when it wants to and stay awake if it doesn't; it's smarter than something you (I'm using the royal 'you') read on Yahoo answers or netdoctor.
Butt Rayge
UG Resident
190 IQ
Quote by Todd Hart
Until three days later when, due to having had absolutely no deep sleep, you collapse from exhaustion.

Trying to control your sleep pattern is stupid, regardless of what method you're trying to use. Let your body sleep when it wants to and stay awake if it doesn't; it's smarter than something you (I'm using the royal 'you') read on Yahoo answers or netdoctor.

I'm pretty sure nobody is proposing power naps should be a permanent alternative to proper sleep. The thread title is "Do power naps work?" and the answer is "yes." Nobody expects a power naps to keep you up and energized for a whole day. But, If you're a bit drowsy in the arvo and you have a power nap for half an hour you'll feel alive and awake until "proper" bed time.
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
10 IQ
Quote by Butt Rayge
I'm pretty sure nobody is proposing power naps should be a permanent alternative to proper sleep. The thread title is "Do power naps work?" and the answer is "yes." Nobody expects a power naps to keep you up and energized for a whole day. But, If you're a bit drowsy in the arvo and you have a power nap for half an hour you'll feel alive and awake until "proper" bed time.

I think you'd be better off going for a jog or having a small meal.
JackalUK
30 IQ
Quote by Weaponized
Ugh im gonna be late to class **** the internet. I still feel like shit

And for the next 4-5 hours you will be like this

Until your body just gives up trying to tell you to sleep and wakes up.
sideslick
Teenage Accident
50 IQ
TS has been gone for three-and-a-half hours.

Rest in piece. I didn't care for you (or even know you, for that matter) at all.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
man, I'm so sad I made this thread now after seeing those shake shack burgers. I would buy an extra just to fuck it while I eat its siblings. then i'd eat that one too.

I am so sorry for my mother's "escapades"...
AmirT
26 IQ
The internet also said that one sleeping cycle = 90 minutes.
Page 1 of 2