So yesterday I went to go see a doctor because I thought I had strep throat, but it turns out I have mono. Does anyone in the pit know of some home remedies or whatever to help treat it?
Quote by robertsanidiot
Jesus died for their sins. It would be a waste if they just didn't sin it up. If you ask me, it's almost unchristian if you DON'T eat the kiddies.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
Already tried it, it didn't work
Quote by robertsanidiot
Jesus died for their sins. It would be a waste if they just didn't sin it up. If you ask me, it's almost unchristian if you DON'T eat the kiddies.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
sleep
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
My sister went through mono last month. There's nothing you can do except for pain management. It's a virus, you have to let it run its course.
Quote by Joshua1207
Couldn't you have like asked your doctor when you were there...?

This is a glaringly obvious question TS...
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by Weaponized
prepare to feel like shit for like a year

My sister had it and felt all shitty for like 3 weeks. You can be potentially be still contagious for like a year though, before and after symptoms show and disappear.
Quote by Joshua1207
Couldn't you have like asked your doctor when you were there...?

Call me an idiot, but it kind of slipped my mind at the time
Quote by robertsanidiot
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
Quote by metalblaster
My sister had it and felt all shitty for like 3 weeks. You can be potentially be still contagious for like a year though, before and after symptoms show and disappear.
3 weeks is one year somewhere
Quote by Enigmatic564
Call me an idiot, but it kind of slipped my mind at the time

Hey, guess what? You're on the internet. In 2013! In 2013, we have this great website called...(wait for it)...WEB MD! OH, YEAH!

http://www.webmd.com/

l2internet, TS.
As with any virus you want to get to the root of the problem, which in the case of mono is the spleen. You will want to apply as much blunt force to your spleen as possible, to beat the virus into submission.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by robertsanidiot
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
I don't recommend this, but I drank heavily through my entire week of having mono. Treated mono like the bitch that it is.

Not only am I damn cool, but I also have a drinking problem.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Bleach kills most germs. Try a syringe full of Clorox in your ass.

Please keep us posted regarding your recovery.
um, why didn't they give you steroids or any other medication?

Just warning you. It can be bad. I felt like death for a month and lost like 15-20 pounds. And I was already skinny....
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
gargle the **** out of everything. gargle hot ass salt honey water, make it thick and nastey to help knock all the chunkies out of your throat. then gargle mouth wash after, and repeat that as often as you can. thats how i got rid of my strep. just gotta clean those tonsils.
Quote by WCPhils
um, why didn't they give you steroids or any other medication?

Just warning you. It can be bad. I felt like death for a month and lost like 15-20 pounds. And I was already skinny....

shit i need to get mono
i could stand losing 15-20 pounds
=^● ⋏ ●^=
myanimelist! | steam!
---------
i'm a waste of my freedom / cause i have imprisoned myself
with this crippling lack of wealth / and my decaying sense of self
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
gargle the **** out of everything. gargle hot ass salt honey water, make it thick and nastey to help knock all the chunkies out of your throat. then gargle mouth wash after, and repeat that as often as you can. thats how i got rid of my strep. just gotta clean those tonsils.

no
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Lots of opiates and sleep. Lots. I had mono in 6th grade over xmas break. I could barely even get out of bed without risking my spleen rupturing.
Last edited by Wormholes at Apr 25, 2013,
Sleep. That's about it. Just be glad you only have mono... The EBV (what causes mono in most cases) gave me this rare, nearly fatal autoimmune disorder. That was fun.
Quote by bloodtrocuted93
Sleep. That's about it. Just be glad you only have mono... The EBV (what causes mono in most cases) gave me this rare, nearly fatal autoimmune disorder. That was fun.

Just be glad you only had that rare, nearly fatal autoimmune disorder... I'm dead.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------