Title says it all really. I love the OFR and how responsive it is, and I think probably my favourite trick has got to be flutter. Be it light or balls out insane with a solid slap of the arm. So guys what are your favourite floyd tricks?

EDIT: I should probably add that this isn't me trying to pick up tips, i've been playing for 18 years or so and have had floyds for most of that time. Just thought it'd be cool to discuss what our favourite tricks are.
Last edited by NotTheMessiah30 at Apr 26, 2013,
When I first got my Floyd I was into a lot of Pantera/A7X(ya ya) so I was divingbombing constantly.
I just love using it for everything.. I find the imitating noises a little lame. This may be thanks to Herman Li(No disrespect to him).

That decending lick in Crazy Train where you dip the bar is great.
Now I'm learning quite a bit of Steve Vai(or trying) and it's sdafjiusad delightful for the trem.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Oh indeed innovation over imitation any day, i just personally love throwing in some flutter when i get the chance. Inverse dives are fun though, i like to start a solo with those from time to time if i'm doing something a bit more thrashy.
flutter probably

also i like using it to have a flowying sounds instead of fretting bending to every note its not easy but once you get it right i can pretend im playing fretless haha
Quote by NotTheMessiah30
Oh indeed innovation over imitation any day, i just personally love throwing in some flutter when i get the chance. Inverse dives are fun though, i like to start a solo with those from time to time if i'm doing something a bit more thrashy.

Perfection over innovation; no point innovating if it's crap.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Perfection over innovation; no point innovating if it's crap.

I felt that was implied anyway but good point nonetheless.
Last edited by NotTheMessiah30 at Apr 26, 2013,
They are techniques, not tricks.

Tricks are things that *****s do for money.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by NotTheMessiah30
I felt that was implied anyway but good point nonetheless.

I don't think people do this enough though. Too many people are so focused on the next big idea rather than just getting what we have right now right first.

Originality is vastly overrated.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
When I had a Floyd*, I just loved doing a good-old-fashioned 3rd-fret Low-E natural-harmonic dive-bomb, with tons of distortion for harmonic-emphasis.

That, or the types of flutters Matt Bellamy gets for Knights of Cydonia, for sentimental reasons (first riff I ever played).

*I have a 1998 RG350DX with Lo-TRS II Floyd-copy. It can't hold tuning for 10 seconds, then it's just too bad to go on. The thing is in a closet, unable to be played.

I use a fixed-bridge ATM, but am saving for a Schaller for my Ibanez.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
man, I'm so sad I made this thread now after seeing those shake shack burgers. I would buy an extra just to fuck it while I eat its siblings. then i'd eat that one too.

I am so sorry for my mother's "escapades"...
[quote="sideslick

*I have a 1998 RG350DX with Lo-TRS II Floyd-copy. It can't hold tuning for 10 seconds, then it's just too bad to go on. The thing is in a closet, unable to be played.

[/QUOTE"]

Why not find out why its not working. Bad knife edge, wiggly stud. Sure its not user error??
What the hell!!!
probably flutter.

i also like doing a big dive and then coming up again on a natural harmonic.

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I don't think people do this enough though. Too many people are so focused on the next big idea rather than just getting what we have right now right first.

Originality is vastly overrated.

agreed.

Don't get me wrong- some innovative stuff is awesome. some people genuinely are complete badasses who form entire new genres etc. which are awesome.

But not everyone can be beethoven- and personally i'd rather listen to something which is a bit derivative, but which is done well, than listen to something original which isn't. Or which is original for a reason (i.e. everyone else discounted the idea because it sucked).

the other thing is, an awful lot of stuff is nowhere near as innovative as is claimed. You read in the papers about such and such a new, innovative, groundbreaking band and it's nothing of the sort.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Apr 27, 2013,
Quote by danvwman
Why not find out why its not working. Bad knife edge, wiggly stud. Sure its not user error??

It's a Lo-TRS II.

That just means bad knife-edge by default.

At least the routing fits a Schaller or an OFR!
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
man, I'm so sad I made this thread now after seeing those shake shack burgers. I would buy an extra just to fuck it while I eat its siblings. then i'd eat that one too.

I am so sorry for my mother's "escapades"...