Well I put new strings on my guitar the other day. and Ever since then the bridge has been on an angle like its about to flip out if the springs weren't so strong, almost like the strings are to tight and pulling it out. I'm worried that if I put my wammy back in, then it will put too much stress on the bridge and it will come out! what should I do? and I don't really want to take the strings off again.....
-Let the led out-
It would help knowing what sort of bridge you have but I'm guessing you changed for heavier gauge strings. If this is the case then you will need to tighten the screws on the spring claw in the rear cavity to compensate for the extra tension the heavier strings require when tuned to pitch.
Did you change the string gauge?
If you did you will need to have the intonation and the bridge set-up for that string gauge. Take it to guitar tech because you would not be asking if you knew what to do.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
My main problem is weather I should put the whammy back in....to be honest I have no idea what the ordinal string gauge was, I got the guitar with them on it. and I can't really feel a difference. And the bridge I'm pretty sure is just a strat one. not a floyd rose. do you reckon i should just tighten the springs at the back?
-Let the led out-
Quote by Led Zep fan
My main problem is weather I should put the whammy back in....to be honest I have no idea what the ordinal string gauge was, I got the guitar with them on it. and I can't really feel a difference. And the bridge I'm pretty sure is just a strat one. not a floyd rose. do you reckon i should just tighten the springs at the back?

You can try, but loosen the strings first
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate