Page 1 of 4
You may have already heard that Zach Braff has a kickstarter page for a new film he wants to make-

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1869987317/wish-i-was-here-1

Dirty bastard. No, Zach Braff, crowdsourced funding isn't for you, you're famous and worth $22 million dollars (source). No. Not for you.

Discuss.

Also, related: http://www.avclub.com/articles/tim-heidecker-wrote-a-page-of-zach-braffs-director,96996/
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
if they're stupid enough to fund it, I feel no pity for them
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
"Oh no this actor/director who has more money than me can't fund this next project that he wants little creative interference in I better get angry on the internet"

- You.
OP is mad, I think he needs a sneak hug.

Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Outside of Scrubs and Garden State, everything else he has been in has been total shit.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
So, umm ... you guys are pretty dumb, huh.
Quote by soundgarden1986
Or we just don't give the slightest shit in any way

Granted, point taken
Uh, if people want to see him direct something on his own then more power to them. It's not like they are being forced.
The last I saw of Zach Braff was when he was an asshole to that kid on that shitty Ashton Kutcher show.
Also he's the voice on the commercial for that water purifier thing.

Also Scrubs was shit and I hope he gets run over by a rogue train.
Last edited by institutions at Apr 27, 2013,
I don't know no Zach Braff, nor do I care. Nor do I think you should either, but that's your thing.

But what's your opinion on Zapp Brannigan?

Edit: Oh, Scrubs guy! Yeah he's cool.
Quote by FearMyLightning
I thought this was about the guy from Futurama.

Guess I wasn't the only one.
Except I knew this wasn't about him.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Apr 27, 2013,
No one is sitting with a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to donate. You kickstart things that you want to kickstart. If you want to kickstart Zach Braff's stupid movie, then kickstart Zach Braff's stupid movie.

You have too much time on your hands if you're capable of becoming enraged over someone's kickstarter project.
Get over it, TS, you colossal twat.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
*sigh* I know everybody can Kickstart whatever they want, but ffs it shouldn't be a "free money" pool for rich celebrities who could easily afford to pay for it themselves.
Quote by institutions
Also Scrubs was shit and I hope he gets run over by a rogue train.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter.

Also, Scrubs sucked.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by CoreysMonster
*sigh* I know everybody can Kickstart whatever they want, but ffs it shouldn't be a "free money" pool for rich celebrities who could easily afford to pay for it themselves.

Reverse class warfare, eh
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by CoreysMonster

Why not? In theory anyone who uses Kickstart could pay for their project themselves if they worked and saved up.
On the one hand, it's exploitative. On the other hand, people are free to do what they want with their money. On the third hand, I don't particularly care about this situation, but I would watch the spoof film.
I hate the whole idea of kickstarter and think one day every single form of entertainment(movies,film,products etc) will have to be funded by all of us. On top of us having to pay for it also when it comes out. But I'll defend him doing this. He was in talks with some people and just didn't like the deal we was about to agree too. He wanted to have 100% creative control. And movies are expensive as hell to make. Just because he is a multimillionaire doesn't mean he can just go an risk millions and millions of his own money on a movie that might completely bomb. But I still think kickstarter is stupid.
$22 million dollars is barely enough to make a film these days, just saying. He could with that money, sure, but then if it bombed he'd be completely broke. Plus he wouldn't have any money at all in the 6-month or so gap between finishing shooting and the film actually coming out.
Quote by raoooos
Why not? In theory anyone who uses Kickstart could pay for their project themselves if they worked and saved up.

No, I know that.

Most people's idea of Kickstarter is that it's for people who want to start a project but don't have the immediate means to fund it themselves.

There has already been huge backlash in the gaming community for big publishers like EA or whatever doing Kickstarters, when they don't really need to.

The reasoning behind this is the fear that if more and more big names start using Kickstarter, eventually they'll simply push all of the smaller projects aside, and people will start expecting only big, corporate projects from a website that was made primarily for indie projects.

It's great for Kickstarter itself, obviously, since big projects with big goals mean more money for them, but it's kind of a disheartening idea to imagine a Kickstarter of the future with nothing but "Fund Niki Minaj's new album!" and "pledge money for the next Michael Bay film!" on the front page.

EDIT: that being said, this is just one guy making a movie and using his star power for some extra security in making it. It's nowhere near as bad as ****ing EA asking people for money.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Apr 27, 2013,
Quote by ErikLensherr

Also, Scrubs sucked.

i used to like you.
i don't know why i feel so dry
kevin smith isn't using a kickstarter for clerks iii last i checked and is funding it with his own cash

and that's the guy who just smokes weed and talks on the internet with his ex-junkie best friend all day

just sayin'
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
The cast and writers of the tv show Veronica Mars did a kickstarter so they could turn it into a movie. Kristen Bell isn't as successful as Braff but she's got a hit show on Showtime with Don Cheadle and has a couple of movie lined up so she's getting paid for sure. Is it really that different? Both are well known but they aren't like elite movie stars, if Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise was doing a kickstarter that would be more of a head scratcher.
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)
Also, that video thing is excellent. I've never seen his first film, I don't watch Scrubs, but I kinda wanna give him some money now just because that video was so good.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
"Oh no this actor/director who has more money than me can't fund this next project that he wants little creative interference in I better get angry on the internet"

- You.

Basically.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by CoreysMonster

How come? This is what I'm not getting. He's stated elsewhere that he's already putting quite a bit of his own money into this. He has no problem taking a risk, however he didn't like the deals offered by the studios, so he's getting the rest of he funding elsewhere. He doesn't want to give up control over the final edit. This is understandable. It's his film. He wants to cast freely, he wants to edit freely, he wants to shoot where he wants. He sees another option, he exploits it and he doesn't lie.

No one is being forced into putting their money into this. They're well-aware that it's not an investment, but a donation. In fact, you may proceed to NOT put your money into this project.

Quote by BelowTheSun
$22 million dollars is barely enough to make a film these days, just saying. He could with that money, sure, but then if it bombed he'd be completely broke. Plus he wouldn't have any money at all in the 6-month or so gap between finishing shooting and the film actually coming out.

Yup, plus from the description of it, it might be using CGI/heavy production design.

I disagree about that: he should have complete confidence in his project and a willingness to take a risk. In a way, he already has.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
How come? This is what I'm not getting. He's stated elsewhere that he's already putting quite a bit of his own money into this. He has no problem taking a risk, however he didn't like the deals offered by the studios, so he's getting the rest of he funding elsewhere. He doesn't want to give up control over the final edit. This is understandable. It's his film. He wants to cast freely, he wants to edit freely, he wants to shoot where he wants. He sees another option, he exploits it and he doesn't lie.

No one is being forced into putting their money into this. They're well-aware that it's not an investment, but a donation. In fact, you may proceed to NOT put your money into this project.

Yup, plus from the description of it, it might be using CGI/heavy production design.

I disagree about that: he should have complete confidence in his project and a willingness to take a risk. In a way, he already has.

NO NO NO RICH PEOPLE BAD WANT HATE RICH BAD NO
Quote by FearMyLightning
I thought this was about the guy from Futurama.

If Zapp Brannigan wanted to make a movie, I would have to restrain myself from punching my wallet through my computer screen in an attempt to give him all of my money.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Eastwinn
i used to like you.

;_;

The bits of Garden State with the guy who plays Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory were okay.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
whether this guy is a dickhead seems to me to depend entirely on how much money he has

i need numbers here
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by phlip999
If Zapp Brannigan wanted to make a movie, I would have to restrain myself from punching my wallet through my computer screen in an attempt to give him all of my money.

+1
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by BelowTheSun

It's a small indie movie. Could be made for under a million
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Page 1 of 4