A few years ago, I bought the Marshall Micro Stack and accidentally used a very incorrect power adapter, causing some smoke and a loud pop. Obviously after that it stopped working. Since then, I found a correct adapter, and the power light still activates when on. It has a headphone jack, so I thought that would maybe still work. It did not. Does that mean the pre-amp area is shot? I have pictures of the wiring and such if required, any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Throw it away and get another amp (preferably a better one) it is shot
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Viewtifuldude
Hey, ass wagons, it's not my main amp, it's battery powered, it's for convenience.

Then for your own convenience, buy another one. Fixing your current one will probably cost as much as buying one used on ebay.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by Viewtifuldude
Hey, ass wagons, it's not my main amp, it's battery powered, it's for convenience.

Hey Dumbass, why did you use the wrong adapter. Then instead of testing it with batteries you go buy a new power-supply and TADA it is still broke. Now you are out the money of the micro-stack and adapter, so who's the ass-wagon now

you wanted to get our opinions we gave them to you. And you never mentioned you have another amp we are not mind readers.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Apr 28, 2013,
TS wanted to know how to fix the amp, not your opinions on getting a new one. This isn't GG&A. Enough bickering.
I appreciate the help, but this actually happened, hell probably a few years ago now. Back when my entire rig was a Vypyr and a Jackson Dinky. I assume since even the headphone out won't work, the pre amp area must be fried, though I have no knowledge of circuity or engineering.
Then why did you make a thread if you had no intention to fix it... i asked about the adapter so that maybe i could tell you what actually fried. there really isnt much. a transistor and a power amp ic.