So i've been thinking lately that instead of trying for ages to find a Strat (i should have never let mine go in the first place, shame on me) that has all the goodies i want on it, im just going to put one together. The plan is to buy the body, neck, tuners, pickguard, pickups, pots, knobs, doodads, etc and then just throw them all together.

How easy would this be in my own garage provided i had all the tools? If i got this body would a hardtail bridge fit or would i be stuck installing a tremolo bridge? Im not worried about the SSS configuration as i was going to swimming pool it anyways, but if i dont want a tremolo bridge am i stuck with just blocking it, or would a hardtail fit in there?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
My advice is to just put a trem on it and add some extra springs(and tighten the claw) so it's basically a fixed bridge. You might be able to make a hardtail fit that, but you'll be left with pointless holes and routes, which isn't ideal, imo.

Or find a hardtail body. I think paying $250 for a dinged up warmoth body that doesn't use the bridge you want is kinda shitty.
Tool-wise you'd need a screwdriver and whatever files and Allen keys you'd need to set it up. Maybe a drill, if the body you got doesn't have pickguard holes or whatever.
I actually found a nice Schaller bridge that should fit it. The only reason i prefer hardtails is tuning stablity, but from everything i've read a unit like the one im looking at should keep in tune well enough. But is this a project i can do myself?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

Of course you can do it yourself. It doesn't take much tools at all. If anything, you just have to make sure you're buying the right parts; and still you can't really go wrong unless you buy an Ibanez Edge 1 Floyd Rose for a body that doesn't have a cut out for it. (In that case you'd have to make one)....But, ya see what I'm gettin' at?
Just wondering, why do you want to swimming pool route it?
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Haha no painting necessary here. Is it necessary however to glue the neck in place and then bolt it in? Or does it not need any glue?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by Sleaze Disease

Pool or HH/HSH. Just want the ability to use humbuckers in it.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by Sleaze Disease

For me, I've had to cut out pickup pockets with a dremel to fit in Dimarzios with a bunch of MIJ guitars. Maybe that's why...It seems like it would be pretty beneficial to do that so you could change pickup arrangements in the future if you were to grow tired of the sound options.