so playing standing with my gibson les paul stnard is just an accident waiting to happen .

the strap button on the gibson are so tiny .. its hard to believe 2000 $ guitar come with such small button ..

they dont feel safe at all .

so i need straps lock ... whats the best ?? suggestions ???
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
I'm gonna recommend schaller strap locks. I've had them on my Les Paul for over 5 years now and so far so good! And I agree, the stock Gibson strap buttons are tiny!
Schallers are the best I've used. Too bad they look horrendous.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I had Dunlops on my Les Paul (sold my LP) and they worked fine. I still have them on my other guitars, never had any problems.

This will probably turn out to loads of people saying either Schaller or Dunlop and some people saying they've had product or solution X without any trouble.

As long as you don't get fakes, you should be safe with either Schaller or Dunlop.
^ Real dunlops have failed on me. It's anecdotal, of course, but I've never read anything about Schallers failing.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Schallers all the way, on every guitar I own.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Quote by Offworld92
^ Real dunlops have failed on me. It's anecdotal, of course, but I've never read anything about Schallers failing.

Shit happens, I'd say.
I've had the release knob on a Schaller come off one once - but it was over 20 years old. The good thing about them is that there's really no failure that the Schaller can undergo which will make you lose your guitar. As long as the nut and washer are locked down firmly on the strap (use two spanners to do it) and the screw is in properly fastened to the guitar, the thing could fly apart and your guitar is going nowhere. It just may be a bit hard to get it off.
I have Schallers on all my guitars and have done so for close to 30 years. Schallers good.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
i use dunlops on all mine. never had any problems. i had a set of schallers that kept coming loose no matter how hard or often i tightened them. i much prefer the mechanism to lock the straplocks on the straps. it's hard to get on and off, but it stays on.
I like Dunlop, most strap locks are pre decent and shouldn't give you any problems
I've always found that a shifter on the clip and a spanner on the nut has always allowed me to lock the Schallers down tight. They use pretty good steel, you can lean on them pretty hard. I use leather straps exclusively so maybe that helps.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification