Page 1 of 2
should totes do needful things as well
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
That was a really good book, so I'm quite looking forward to this. Now if I could only catch the second half of the "The Stand" TV miniseries...
Quote by Soccerguy
That was a really good book, so I'm quite looking forward to this. Now if I could only catch the second half of the "The Stand" TV miniseries...

You've never watched all of The Stand?! Go watch it!
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
I can't wait for "Under The Dome" to start. What a great book. I'm gonna have to get "11/22/63" next. I've been kicking myself ever since I didn't read "The Stand" and watched the miniseries instead.
Quote by Dimarzio45
I can't wait for "Under The Dome" to start. What a great book. I'm gonna have to get "11/22/63" next. I've been kicking myself ever since I didn't read "The Stand" and watched the miniseries instead.

The miniseries was very hit and miss. They did the special blonde kid perfectly.
Quote by Burgery
should totes do needful things as well

Did you see the movie of it? Didn't do any justice to it at all. It's my second favourite as well.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Apr 27, 2013,

You've seen it now.

/thread
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Quote by Philip_pepper
The miniseries was very hit and miss. They did the special blonde kid perfectly.

Yeah, that's what I've heard.

M-O-O-N, That spells "Hit and Miss".
Quote by DonGlover

I can't find it anywhere

But I'm rereading the book right now and thoroughly enjoying it.
Haven't read the book but I will have to check this out.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by Soccerguy
I can't find it anywhere

But I'm rereading the book right now and thoroughly enjoying it.

Ohhhh just go DL it.
Quote by Dimarzio45
I can't wait for "Under The Dome" to start.
You mean "The Simpsons Movie: Gritty Reboot"
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Philip_pepper
Did you see the movie of it? Didn't do any justice to it at all. It's my second favourite as well.

there was a movie?

im sure it sucked, i can't see anybody fitting that book into a movie. as a TV series i think it could be great though.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by lolmnt
You mean "The Simpsons Movie: Gritty Reboot"

Meh. It's a serious movie about an awesome concept that will always be polluted with a "Simpsons-Did-It" comment.

I know what you mean though.

Edit: *serious miniseries*
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Apr 27, 2013,
That's your favourite book? Come on man, I really enjoyed it, but it's not even King's best.
Quote by BelowTheSun
That's your favourite book? Come on man, I really enjoyed it, but it's not even King's best.

What do you think is his best yet? Just out of curiosity...
There are very few books in existence as good as The Shining, in my opinion. The Stand is almost as good, and I have a major soft spot for Pet Semetary. Of the modern stuff, Under The Dome was really great, and I remember enjoying Cell a lot. I'm not shitting on 11/22/63, I did really like it, just want to repeat that.
the shining is my favorite book ever
Quote by korinaflyingv
The Shining and Pet Semetary were pretty badass books. I haven't gotten around to Cell or 11/22/63 yet.
Quote by BelowTheSun
I like you.

the book moved me man

moved me good

i even wrote a song called "this inhuman place makes human monsters", lel
Quote by korinaflyingv
It's a great book. Sometimes I feel like the only person other than Stephen King himself that doesn't really like the film. I mean, I'm not denying it's a great film, but it's a horrible adaptation of the book, and I love the book so much I can't really ignore that.
i saw the film long before i read the book, i don't really think they're comparable

my main beef with the movie is that my mom wont read the shining no matter how much i pester her because she got too scared when she saw the film back in the day
Quote by korinaflyingv
King is a bad writer. Abrams is a bad director. Sounds like a perfect match.
Quote by Burgery
there was a movie?

im sure it sucked, i can't see anybody fitting that book into a movie. as a TV series i think it could be great though.

It was pretty bad. They only used about 20% of what was in the novel. They didn't even capture any of the atmosphere from the characters and of the antagonist, which was pretty damn vital.

Quote by BelowTheSun

Yep.

I haven't read the Shining yet, that's next on the list. I think, because I have seen the movie when I was a kid, I don't have that much of a desire to read it because I have a good idea of what it's about.

I read IT. Was all right. I don't get why people think it's the greatest thing ever though.

The Stand was great. Definitely in the top 5. Couldn't get into Under The Dome though.

What I loved about 11/22/63 was that I bought it and was pretty excited about a Stephen King story involving the JFK assassination, which I find mind boggling, and then after 50 pages or so I just didn't give a shit anymore about Kennedy. I just wanted the protagonist to succeed. Plus, I love anything that has a time travel spin to it.

Also, that ending.

The feels.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Apr 27, 2013,
Quote by Dimarzio45
The Shining and Pet Semetary were pretty badass books. I haven't gotten around to Cell or 11/22/63 yet.

Cell was a pretty neat book. Nothing amazing, but I enjoyed it.

If anyone gets a chance to read The Walk written under his pseudonym, do it.
Quote by DonGlover

it was pretty shitty I think

Maybe cause it's one of my favorite books and messed up what I had imagined in my head.

or maybe it was SHITTY
Quote by Philip_pepper
I don't have that much of a desire to read it because I have a good idea of what it's about.

no you dont

when i think about it the film left so so many questions unanswered
Quote by korinaflyingv
Last edited by Burgery at Apr 27, 2013,
If they're going to adapt one, especially for making into a TV series, it should the the Dark Tower series.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
If they're going to adapt one, especially for making into a TV series, it should the the Dark Tower series.

i haven't read any of them yet, i dont think im ready
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by Burgery
i haven't read any of them yet, i dont think im ready

It's a massive undertaking - the only one that's under 400 pages, I believe, is the Gunslinger, while the rest are either at it, or far past it, and there are seven books in all. Amazing story, though. Easily his best, in my opinion, though I really liked Salem's Lot as well, and I think that The Talisman is up there as well. He didn't do that one alone, though.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by uhh_me?
King is a bad writer. Abrams is a bad director. Sounds like a perfect match.

This.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Burgery
no you dont

when i think about it the film left so so many questions unanswered

I'm just scared to read all his books all at once. I don't want to read them all and think "Shit, now what do I do?"
^Really? With the amount he's produced over decades?
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by Philip_pepper
I'm just scared to read all his books all at once. I don't want to read them all and think "Shit, now what do I do?"

Then you move onto Clive Barker.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Then you move onto Clive Barker.

I got halfway through Weaveworld and then I left it back home when I moved
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.