I need a pedalboard and since i'm utter shit at DYI I need to buy one, what would you suggest to buy ? I don't need an oversized one (Usually I don't use many pedals, I'd say like 5-6 at most) but I don't want a small one either (I have really big foots and I'm sure I'd mess things up with a tiny board loaded with pedals).

Any suggestion ?
Check out Rondo Music.

They have some great prices. I just ordered the 33.5 x 17.5 x 4.5 for $80.... $120 by the time it's shipped to me here in Canada, but its still much cheaper then any thing comparable that I've seen around here.

The smaller, $30 one should be good for what you want. They have a few options that are pretty cheap!

I can't vouch for the quality yet, but I should have it monday, if you want an update then
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
I recommend a pedaltrain. Very lightweight but durable. Come in many different sizes with Velcro. The bigger ones are even designed to house the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power and even comes with brackets.
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
Quote by Carl21221
I recommend a pedaltrain. Very lightweight but durable. Come in many different sizes with Velcro. The bigger ones are even designed to house the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power and even comes with brackets.

Do you mean this one ? http://www.thomann.de/it/pedaltrain_junior_sc_bag.htm

I assume this one comes with power supply for 6-8 pedals, right ? Or do I have to buy that separately ?
Im not 100% sure, but I dont think that one comes with a power supply.

A word of caution tho, the soft cases are okay if your just going between your place, and a jam space or something, but if you're going to be lugging the thing around a lot, Id suggest looking into a hard case.

I haven't used the pedal train, so I cant comment on it, but Im currently using a SKB that has a built in power supply and soft case and I ripped the case within a month, just from carrying it around so much.

Edit: Heres a link to the SKB Board that I have now. It might be a cheaper option for you.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Last edited by red.guitar at Apr 28, 2013,
Most people seem to be against powered pedalboards. I guess they're unreliable or something. I've never used one, I'm just regurgitating what I've read a million times on UG. I got a power supply plus 6 way daisy chain for like $13 on Ebay from one of those Chinese companies. It's worked perfectly and given me no issues whatsoever. Pretty sure going unpowered saves you more than $13 anyway, so I'd go unpowered. Just my 2 cents.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
I know what you said about DIY but...

A plank of wood
Gaffer tape.

Seriously, I've been gigging for the last 3 years just using a plank of wood completely wrapped in gaffer tape with velcro on it. Only just upgraded to a flight case as I'm having to travel a lot more now...
Silverburst
I have a pedaltrain 2 and I really like it. If I were you I'd go for some extra space, even if you only have 6 or so pedals. I used to be in that boat, and now I have 11 pedals (all on the board, including two bigger ones and a wah). Reason being, it would suck if you found a great deal on a pedal or wanted to add to your arsenal but then didn't have room on your board.

I have a voodoolabs power supply below the board which is real handy... you have to drill some holes but it does have an area to mount it. Real easy to do (i'm not handy at all and it was a easy process for me, there are videos on youtube that show you how to do it). That way your power source isn't taking up any room on top, and the chords can easily be maneuvered to the pedal due to the spaces in between the bars on the board.

If you don't want to build your own and want room to add more pedals, the pedaltrain 2 would be a good choice. I've been pleased with mine. It came with a softcase.
The soft case for the pedaltrain is really really good quality. I've toured and gigged with my pedalboard in the case and it's still in the condition it came in and kept my pedals safe.

Quote by francesco18
I assume this one comes with power supply for 6-8 pedals, right ? Or do I have to buy that separately ?

Unfortunately pedaltrains don't come with any power as stock, but they are built so that if you were to buy either a T-rex Fuel Tank or the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power/II (and maybe other isolated power boxes, I'm unsure) you can use the brackets the pedaltrain comes with to attach it underneath. Here's a video on youtube describing what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4YgKu2VthQ
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback