Hey guys!

So, I bought a new acoustic guitar and the first thing that happened when I was tuning it up was I broke the high E string. It needed new strings anyway so I bought some new ones at my local music store. Having not changed strings on an acoustic in a while I forgot that I usually run light gauge acoustic strings and accidentally got medium. So, I put them on 3 or 4 days ago when I got the guitar and I don't even think I've put 2 hours of play time total on the guitar and already these new strings feel really dead. They kinda have that old string metally smell to them as well.

What do you guys think? Could it be the string gauge? The brand (they're D'Addario) Or could it even be the nature of the guitar? The strings just feel kinda tight...

Kind of worrying me whether it was a good purchase.

Let me know what you think!
Increasing the size of the string doesn't make the string magically sound dull faster after playing. That's just silly.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Well if you got a larger set of strings they will be tighter...

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Increasing the size of the string doesn't make the string magically sound dull faster after playing. That's just silly.

Make's sense.

Anyone have string recommendations?

What kind do you use?
If you liked what you were using before then go back to those. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I use daddario for my electric, I will say this. they can be hit or miss. sometimes ill buy a pack and they will last a month of solid playing. other packs are garbage after 1 week, just depends man