Hi,

I bought a shoulder strap for my guitar, it is some type of material, but it is not leather. After my playing for about a half hour today, I noticed that an area of my back is red and bruised. I am not asking for medical advice, I am just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences with guitar straps and if so, what to do about it? I bought it a few months ago so I don't think I can return it.

I appreciate all of your advice.

Thanks!
Learn from yesterday, live for today, HOPE for tomorrow.

Courage is grace under pressure.

Don't give up!

Illustrious acts high RAPTURES do infuse, and every conqueror creates a muse.
Are you placing it onto exposed skin?

Also, this is completely unrelated and just for curiosity, have you been in a fight because unless you have a heavy as hell guitar it shouldnt do that. Wear like, a hoodie between the strap and your shoulder.
Before i bought a proper padded leather strap i had a shitty strap which came with my first guitar that sort of irritated my skin after a while but never BRUISED my skin. That doesn't really make much sense how it could bruise.
Yeah. It doesnt matter if its leather or not either - I have a clip-lok strap and its fine.

Never been bruised by a strap.

Unless you whip yourself with it???
Are you sure it's bruised, cause maybe you sweated and the dye came out of the strap and stained your skin.