Page 1 of 2
So since I was 8 the only thing ive wanted to do was play in a big rock band. Ima hard rock singer and I hitch hiked to Hollywood a year ago.

My dream is called “the hard rock revolution”- I ma til’ death guns n roses fan and I want to find a band like that and really make it big.

Years of diet, drug, and alcohol abuse and left me very unhealthy, with absolutely nothing done whatsoever Im finally getting myself together and am ready to go, but I keep thinking that the 3 years I wasted killed my opportunity. I’m turning 21 in 42 days, which is when id be completely ready to “start.”

My line of thought goes that 21 is too late to really start trying to get into a music scene with an idea of large scale success, because the early 20s are the ages of prime marketability , and It takes a few years to find the right musicians, write the right songs and gain enough attention to gain a national following. If you start doing this at 18/19, you will be still in your early 20s when you release a debut and starting getting big

But if you start at 21, you’ll be 23/24 by the time you start “making it”, by which time you’ve lost those prime ages of your eaely 20s

I also think it’s harder finding musicians from 21-23 with the do or die attitude . at 18/19 people are gung-ho and unafraid, by 21 people have started giving up or lowered their expectations and are more dedicated to girlfriends, careers, etc.
St
i swear we had this exact thread a week ago or something
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I think you should prefill out some applications to mickie d's for when this doesn't work out at all.
Two weeks later and you still can't give us a tl;dr up in this batch.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Apr 27, 2013,
Yeah, pretty much no band has ever been popular once they got to age 24 or older. People just aren't interested in anyone not in their early 20's. Thats why if there are any bands with people 24 years old or older, they're pretty much just riding on the one good album and tour they had in their early 20s. All music made by anyone over the age of like 22 is pretty much not even worth listening to.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

If you start at 21 you won't start making it until you're dead or at all if you're planning some "hard-rock revolution"

Maybe start working on a time machine so you can get back to the late 80's when people thought a "hard-rock revolution" wasn't the most ridiculous thing you could claim to be aiming for.

In the age of the interwebs, it's damn near impossible for a single genre to become the focus of the entire music world.
Why all the negativity? Doesn't hurt to give it a shot, but at this time of your life don't make it a priority. Get in a band, enjoy having a good time writing a music and playing gigs and if it happens it happens. But at least have SOME kind of realistic backup!
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
You're giving yourself too many rules:

"But if you start at 21, you’ll be 23/24 by the time you start “making it”, by which time you’ve lost those prime ages of your eaely 20s"

"I also think it’s harder finding musicians from 21-23 with the do or die attitude . at 18/19 people are gung-ho and unafraid, by 21 people have started giving up or lowered their expectations and are more dedicated to girlfriends, careers, etc."

I don't see why you only have to stick to one thing completely and forget everything else. The things you enjoy at 21 can be enjoyed at any age really.

There's also no guarantee you will "make it" at 23 if you start now.

But overall I think you're an idiot.
Quote by metaldud536
You're giving yourself too many rules:

"But if you start at 21, you’ll be 23/24 by the time you start “making it”, by which time you’ve lost those prime ages of your eaely 20s"

"I also think it’s harder finding musicians from 21-23 with the do or die attitude . at 18/19 people are gung-ho and unafraid, by 21 people have started giving up or lowered their expectations and are more dedicated to girlfriends, careers, etc."

I don't see why you only have to stick to one thing completely and forget everything else. The things you enjoy at 21 can be enjoyed at any age really.

There's also no guarantee you will "make it" at 23 if you start now.

But overall I think you're an idiot.

You should do a hard rock revolution,to bring punk and grunge back into the mainstream.
You and Axel can start a band together. Maybe send a PM to Ian and you'll have a real rockin band. Look out Justin Bieber!!
never too late. just as unlikely, theoretically, to make it big, but never too late.

just gotta do it and try, ya idjit
Hello people, because I need your help to get the tabs for this song, really I am a rookie in this fingerstyle and need to get the tabs for this song by black sabbath is the agradeceria muchoo please thanks in advance
[forbidden link]
Quote by Danjo's Guitar
Yeah, pretty much no band has ever been popular once they got to age 24 or older. People just aren't interested in anyone not in their early 20's. Thats why if there are any bands with people 24 years old or older, they're pretty much just riding on the one good album and tour they had in their early 20s. All music made by anyone over the age of like 22 is pretty much not even worth listening to.

Not true, Sorry, maybe that is for Most bands, but now all. Kat Bjelland was 27 when she was in Babes in Toyland, Courtney Love as well- and look how many people hate her, lol.
Truth is Its never too late to start something great. Live out your dream if you are able to.

~<3~<3~<3~<3~
Quote by musidore
Not true, Sorry, maybe that is for Most bands, but now all. Kat Bjelland was 27 when she was in Babes in Toyland, Courtney Love as well- and look how many people hate her, lol.
Truth is Its never too late to start something great. Live out your dream if you are able to.

~<3~<3~<3~<3~

Just a thought, the post you quoted may- and I mean just may- be, I don't know... Sarcastic?
It is never ever ever too late to delete your threads, TS.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Wasn't Mick Mars 30 before he got into Motley?
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
Yeah, if you're 21 and haven't chosen your path in life you should probably just kill yourself. You blew it.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
>21 years old

>Still listening to rock music

Lol

> Over 3 years old.
> Still like plush toys.

lol
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Hasn't there already been a hard rock revolution?

Yup, and it sucked and didn't really bring us anything new.

Quote by Todd Hart
> Over 3 years old.
> Still like plush toys.

lol

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Apr 28, 2013,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Just a thought, the post you quoted may- and I mean just may- be, I don't know... Sarcastic?

Yes but only half sarcastic. Part of what I said was true.
"It's never too late to be who you might have been."
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
nah theres this chick who just got famous with that call me maybe song and that bitch is like 27. Gerard Way from my chem didnt start his band till he was 24. theres plenty of cases of mid 20's success stories. although you are most certainly pushing it. however from your threads it seems like this is your only shot at doing anything in life so go balls deep until your career is about to explode and then pull out like your father didnt.
No way bro,

says the 23 year old.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Dude, TS wtf is wrong with you. You think you die after 23? If the CD is good, it is good, if it is bad it is bad, regardless of the age of the musician.

Quote by Todd Hart
Yeah, if you're 21 and haven't chosen your path in life you should probably just kill yourself. You blew it.

This is 2nd dumbest post behind the original post.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Last edited by dubstar92 at Apr 29, 2013,
Quote by dubstar92
Dude, TS wtf is wrong with you. You think you die after 23? If the CD is good, it is good, if it is bad it is bad, regardless of the age of the musician.

AGREED!
Quote by dubstar92

this is the most stupid post, surpassing even the op
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Danjo's Guitar

I hope this is sarcasm.
Page 1 of 2