Hi all

I figured this is the most relevant place to ask but my question still seems a little out of place.

I'm looking for a VST which can sound like the Intro to Stereophonics - Dakota. After a quick google I found some settings as follows:

Set both oscillators to saw, set oscillator 2's "freq" to 7 semitones above that of oscilllator 1. Use the filter in lowpass mode (the HPF light should not be lit), turn the cutoff all the way up and the resonance to zero. Set the amplifier envelope to ADSR 0 5 0 0. Set unison to 2 voices, set the "analog" slider to 1/3rd or so, and put a 100% wet flanger with lots of feedback on the result. It's best to start from an initialized patch, that's the least work.

which is good in theory but I need an instrument with these sort of things on its interface.

If it helps, I'm using Ableton Live, perhaps you know a generic VST that will help?
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
It sounds like those instructions were written for a specific synth, you might want to find out what it is.

If not, Native Instrument's Massive would certainly do the job. If you're looking for freeware or just not comfortable pirating a copy, DSK's Analog Matrix should do everything except the flanger bit, which I think Ableton has its own stock flanger effect that should do fine.
Quote by EnyoAdonai
Hi all

I figured this is the most relevant place to ask but my question still seems a little out of place.

I'm looking for a VST which can sound like the Intro to Stereophonics - Dakota. After a quick google I found some settings as follows:

Set both oscillators to saw, set oscillator 2's "freq" to 7 semitones above that of oscilllator 1. Use the filter in lowpass mode (the HPF light should not be lit), turn the cutoff all the way up and the resonance to zero. Set the amplifier envelope to ADSR 0 5 0 0. Set unison to 2 voices, set the "analog" slider to 1/3rd or so, and put a 100% wet flanger with lots of feedback on the result. It's best to start from an initialized patch, that's the least work.

which is good in theory but I need an instrument with these sort of things on its interface.

If it helps, I'm using Ableton Live, perhaps you know a generic VST that will help?

Most synth plugins can do this, for flanger use another standalone plugin.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Hi guys,

I believe the synth used was Arturia's Analog Factory. The patch used is probably Gatorchase. It's a patch from the Minimoog V emulation that they have on the software. You can download a trial of it from their website. It also needs a flange or a phase effect on it as well.

In relation to the instructions found for creating your own synth patch, I would also make sure the LFO is synced to midi clock or tempo function on your synth.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Millisco