I've seen on the owners manual of the Boss DS-2 that the AC Adaptor is needed for more secure operation, and I think I saw it there that it serves as a power supply. I want to know what is its purpose for the pedal, and if it serves as a power supply for the pedal/battery, how long does the battery last if I use an AC Adaptor? Also, what AC Adaptor should I buy? 120, 220, or 240? According to the manual, it says that I should purchase the one according on my country's line voltage system. I've seen that Philippines is in 220V, so 220 is the one I should buy? And how much does Boss AC Adaptor usually cost? Please help.
it sounds like you're a little confused on how to run power to your pedals.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1595013

that discusses multiple options for powering your pedals.

Quote by mightycornholio
I've seen on the owners manual of the Boss DS-2 that the AC Adaptor is needed for more secure operation, and I think I saw it there that it serves as a power supply

an A/C adapter is considered something that supplies power. i get a feeling there is something deeper you are alluding to, like 'can an A/C adapter provide power to multiple pedals' and that is a possibility.

you be better off getting an Daisy Chain style of A/C adapter like the One Spot if you want to power multiple pedals.

Quote by mightycornholio
I want to know what is its purpose for the pedal, and if it serves as a power supply for the pedal/battery, how long does the battery last if I use an AC Adaptor?

not sure what you are asking here. the purpose of the DS-2 is for distortion. the purpose of the A/C adapter is to power pedals.

if you run an A/C adapter with your boss pedal then you won't have any need for a battery any more.

Quote by mightycornholio
Also, what AC Adaptor should I buy? 120, 220, or 240? According to the manual, it says that I should purchase the one according on my country's line voltage system. I've seen that Philippines is in 220V, so 220 is the one I should buy?

yes, if your country runs 220, then you'll want a power supply designed to take 220V as input.

Quote by mightycornholio
And how much does Boss AC Adaptor usually cost? Please help.

around 20 bucks. a boss psa 120 goes for about 15 to 20, off brands can go for under 10 bucks, you can get daisy chain A/C adapter that power multiple pedals for 20 to 30 bucks.

you can find all that online though, just good 'Boss Power Supply'.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=boss+pedal+power+supply&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=7777070385&hvpos=1t4&hvexid=&hvnetw=s&hvrand=8861509391832447738&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_1emeu8f9nf_b
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
it sounds like you're a little confused on how to run power to your pedals.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1595013

that discusses multiple options for powering your pedals.

an A/C adapter is considered something that supplies power. i get a feeling there is something deeper you are alluding to, like 'can an A/C adapter provide power to multiple pedals' and that is a possibility.

you be better off getting an Daisy Chain style of A/C adapter like the One Spot if you want to power multiple pedals.

not sure what you are asking here. the purpose of the DS-2 is for distortion. the purpose of the A/C adapter is to power pedals.

if you run an A/C adapter with your boss pedal then you won't have any need for a battery any more.

yes, if your country runs 220, then you'll want a power supply designed to take 220V as input.

around 20 bucks. a boss psa 120 goes for about 15 to 20, off brands can go for under 10 bucks, you can get daisy chain A/C adapter that power multiple pedals for 20 to 30 bucks.

you can find all that online though, just good 'Boss Power Supply'.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=boss+pedal+power+supply&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=7777070385&hvpos=1t4&hvexid=&hvnetw=s&hvrand=8861509391832447738&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_1emeu8f9nf_b

Thanks for your informative answer, mate. Just one thing to ask again, I've emailed a store here in my country about these Boss AC Adaptors, and replied to me and said that they only have a Boss PSA-230S. I'm not really sure if I can use that one, as I've said my country is in 220V and the "230" on the model name may refer to the voltage, right? I think it would be okay because why would they recommend it if it's not suitable here in my country. But I just want to be sure.