I have been using the line 6 hd500 for some time now and find that the tone I can get out of it (both through an amp+cab, and through an admittedly dryer sounding mixer) is incredible. Basically i love the sound. I've played it using several guitars and what i've found is, while my guitar choice affects the tone, I can always compensate on the pod console and find the sound i'm looking for.

I'm shopping aroud for a more expensive guitar and I'd like to hear your opinion about this. In my opinion, with digital modeling software, the tone of a new guitar i buy is almost irrelevent, and i'm shopping strictly for playability.

I guess what i'm wondering is if i'm doing something terribly wrong with my approach, since i'm about to lay down quite a bit of money ( for me)

Thanks in advance for any help
I did have a post written here but I'm really not sure what you're asking the more I think about it. Are you looking for advice on what guitar to buy or what?

Also, this is the wrong forum really, this should be in "Electric Guitar"; GT is for talking about the physical aspect of playing the guitar more than anything else.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.