Hello!
I've been playing for little more than a year now. I started out on a 200€ crapocaster + amp and got a Ibanez AK95 + a Yamaha THR10 amp for my graduation 4 months later. I had them until now when I hit 1 year and I bought myself a Fender 50s Classic Player.

Well, it's time for me to get my first acoustic now. I feel the Ibanez is OK/not bad as an acoustic instrument but it doesn't need explaining why a spruce top & maple back+sides (I don't think there's a chance in hell that anything on it is solid) jazzbox doesn't sound very good when strumming and picking acoustically.

My question and my problem:

What should I get???

I've been considering Guild D-125CE or D-150CE, other than that I don't have that many ideas.
                  Last edited by shajan.k at Apr 28, 2013,
                  Just went to a local store and tried 2 of their most expensive guitars. The Gibson J-200 hummingburd custom and the Martin D-28.

Let's just say I'm gonna save until I can afford a Martin.
                  Seagull makes some killer acoustics that seem to be right in your ballpark. Check out the S6 or the SWS Maritime guitars they make.
                  Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
                  Marshall 1960AV
                  Fender Custom Shop Strat
                  Ibanez Prestige RG3120
                  Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
                  Strymon Mobius
                  TC Polytune
                  TC Flashback
                  Mad Professor LGW
                  Fulltone OCD
                  JOYO Vintage OD
                  Behringer EQ700
                  I own a Seagull S6 original (http://www.seagullguitars.com/seagull_s6_original.html). Everyone says it's the best starter guitar you can get... that is, best quality for the lowest price. I tend to agree.

I would recommend that you get the S6... play the heck out of it for about a year... and then invest in a nice Martin after you've gotten more comfortable in the 'acoustic' space.

Btw, I just bought a 2012 Martin D-18 (http://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/guitars/model/item/202-d-18.html). The claim is that this guitar is built to last a lifetime... I tend to agree with that too.

-- Robert
                  Last edited by gliesian at Apr 29, 2013,