So I have to create a theme song for a remake of GoldenEye featuring Daniel Craig!
Not really, but that's my class assignment haha
What do you guys think?

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/TDKshorty/music/all/play1189371

I was really going for something kind of minimalist and floating, like picking up where Skyfall left off; just imagine James Bond driving and it's really dark and cloudy or something and it's not really anything like the jazzy sort of soul stuff they normally have. I was really inspired by the movie Drive.

I'm still figuring out the the vocals and melody and stuff
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Pretty much what it would sound like it Kavinsky made a Bond theme, the Drive influence is hugely obvious :P
I dig it though. I'll edit this post when I've listened to the entire track.

EDIT: A little more variation would have been nice, but it sounded really solid, I like it. The dissonance with this song and the fact that it's for your hypothetical Bond movie is that Kavinsky and Drive are a product of 80's style pop culture whereas James Bond, despite having existed in the 80's, was never really a product of the time; therefore it's a bit hard to picture Daniel Craig driving his AM to this track.

Also, it would have been cool if you gave a nod to the original Goldeneye theme song somehow, as it was amazing.
Last edited by Nickpocalypse at Apr 28, 2013,
Quote by Nickpocalypse
Pretty much what it would sound like it Kavinsky made a Bond theme, the Drive influence is hugely obvious :P
I dig it though. I'll edit this post when I've listened to the entire track.

EDIT: A little more variation would have been nice, but it sounded really solid, I like it. The dissonance with this song and the fact that it's for your hypothetical Bond movie is that Kavinsky and Drive are a product of 80's style pop culture whereas James Bond, despite having existed in the 80's, was never really a product of the time; therefore it's a bit hard to picture Daniel Craig driving his AM to this track.

Also, it would have been cool if you gave a nod to the original Goldeneye theme song somehow, as it was amazing.

Thanks man, if you listen to the intro or the chorus, you'll notice that I use the i VI IV that they using in the theme. It goes from D-, Bb to G and then G-, which is essentially the same thing
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness