okay, so if I'm reading this right, the input jack came loose on the amp and fell inside of the chassis?

The easiest remedy to this problem would be to remove the chassis from the amp, and then put the input back in place.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.... Or do I have something confused here? I'm not sure what you mean by preamp, but I'm guessing that you mean to say chassis? And it's not a washer, it would be a nut
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
what is your difficultly? WARNING ELECTRICITY CAN STILL BE IN THE AMP EVEN AFTER YOU HAVE UNPLUGGED. DON''T POKE AROUND INSIDE THE CHASSIS, i am assuming its like most amps, take the back off, pull tubes out, unsecrew the chassis (if top mounted make sure somebody can catch it, or from the bottom slid out. shake a little bit and it would likely fall out.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Guys, it's a Spider 4.

I assume that it's a PCB mounted jack, yeah? You'll probably have to remove the nuts off all the pots, switches and whatever. Apart from that, look for screws holding down the board. On a Spyder I wouldn't be surprised if there are plastic clips as well (or instead of.)

PS: take photos as you go.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Guys, it's a Spider 4.

I assume that it's a PCB mounted jack, yeah? You'll probably have to remove the nuts off all the pots, switches and whatever. Apart from that, look for screws holding down the board. On a Spyder I wouldn't be surprised if there are plastic clips as well (or instead of.)

PS: take photos as you go.

This guy's got it.

I took all of the screws out of the top holding (I guess it'd be the chassis. It's the casing that holds all of the knobs and pots. Sounds like a preamp to me). There's two little bits of wood holding it up so I thought after uncrewing everything it'd slide right out. But it's not wanting to give and I don't want to just yank it out and damage something.

I'll get some pictures up in the morning. The lighting in my house sucks and it's night time out here in California.