Hi,

Just broken my hohner acoustic and looking to replace it with something a little higher quality.

I play abit of everything so need a all rounder

my buget is £200 - £250

from the UK, cheers
You could grab a Yamaha FG700. They're a great bang for the buck item. In fact, on your budget, you can probably grab the Electro-Acoustic version the FG700SC. (I think it is).

As soon as I see pound or Euro sign, I have to remember to call peizo guitars "Electro-Acoustic", instead of "Acoustic-Electric", the way we do here in the colonies....

Here's that:http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/yamaha-fgx700sc-solid-top-cutaway-acoustic-electric-guitar

The non electric version is a standard dreadnought, no cutaway.
Hey thanks, the Yamaha's certainly look like my best option, any idea where i could get the acoustic electric in the UK? everywhere either doesn't ship or has ridiculous shipping costs to here
Thomann has an outlet in the UK: http://www.thomann.de/gb/index.html I didn't read all the fine print, but that's the site many members post that they want to buy from.

We have some members from the UK that drop by from time to time, so if you want to hang out for a while, maybe someone will know a bit more than I do. (Which is next to nothing about music stores in the UK, save for "Left Hand Bear"). PS, I can't afford their shipping to the US.
I've bought from Thomann a few times. Once the package hits the UK it's delivered by Parcel Force so even if you're out, you can simply collect from a post office rather than have to hope you can arrange something with a courier.

There are loads of online guitar shops in the UK though, google for them. A couple I've used in the past are GuitarBitz (Frome) & Promenade Music (Morecambe), worth recommending because they're real shops that also deal online, rather than faceless entities that don't exist in the real world.

Yamaha are always a good suggestion for budget acoustics, but also check out Takamine & Crafter, they do some good stuff in your price range as well.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
I've bought from Thomann a few times. Once the package hits the UK it's delivered by Parcel Force so even if you're out, you can simply collect from a post office rather than have to hope you can arrange something with a courier.
For my future reference, Thomann doesn't have a warehouse in the UK, only a website?

Quote by GaryBillington
Yamaha are always a good suggestion for budget acoustics, but also check out Takamine & Crafter, they do some good stuff in your price range as well.
Ah yes, since this is Europe were talking about, Crafter's always worth a look.
@Captaincranky....Yeah - just a UK website. Everything I've bought has been shipped in from Germany.

Don't let it put you off recommending Thomann to Brits though, they still provide a good service, it's all within the EU so there aren't any import charges.

If you spend enough you get free delivery, but for smaller items there's a minimum 10 Euro charge so it's worth telling people to spend lots
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at May 1, 2013,
Take a look at Lag guitars, Theo are great value for the money. I own a Lag t66dce myself and i am really happy with it. They quality is super high for the money, the finish is superb and it has some beautiful details. I am more than happy with it