Hey guys. This is sort of a 'what amp?' thread so my apologies

I currently have a Bugera 333XL with a Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage cab that I was using in my band that unfortunately broke up very recently. After moving them back from the band room into my bedroom I've come to realise that it is way to big and 120Watts and 2 speakers is wayy to much for my needs now. So as a result I think I want to sell the Bugera and downsize to a low wattage head and a 1x12 cab.

I wouldn't mind another nice amp for metal. I already have a Peavey 6505+ 112 for nice "metal" distortion so this new amp would need to have a decent clean sound (I find the 6505's cleans to be unusable, especially in recording situations). The sound I personally like to use is a very tight metal sound. Think Trivium, early Bullet For My Valentine, Killswitch Engage and recent Machine Head. I love Bullet's and KsE's cleans to be specific. I'll be using this amp for home use and recording in my lame-ass home studio

My budget would ideally be as cheap as possible. I don't really have a limit, but obviously I don't want to spend too much. I don't mind buying used but the used market in my area is terrible surprisingly. I'm from the UK and my closest city is Sheffield.

Thanks guys
Carl
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
Lolled at that typo, R45VT.

A Roland Jazz Chorus for cleans, maybe? Seems to be a valid choice for your typical "metal cleans".
Quote by I K0nijn I
Lolled at that typo, R45VT.

A Roland Jazz Chorus for cleans, maybe? Seems to be a valid choice for your typical "metal cleans".

Crap.... Thats what I get for typing on my phone... apparently it doesnt like Bugera.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Keep your 2x12. Stand it vertical so it has a smaller foot print.
Buy a Jet City JCA 22h from Thomann.
Put it on top of the now vertical 2x12. Look you can even reach all the controls while standing.
Use the amps volume knob to get lower volume.

Then if and when you get another band or just a few people to jam with, you will still have a completely gigable rig that sound really nice.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by R45VT
Crap.... Thats what I get for typing on my phone... apparently it doesnt like Bugera.

probably figures those burgers were flame-grilled
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
probably figures those burgers were flame-grilled

BurgerKing.............
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
hey i wonder if burger king uses bugeras to cook its burgers?

seriously, though, as you said, those jet cities are pretty sweet value on thomann.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?