I can't lie I've been pretty lazy on learning theory, very on and off.

Today I took notes from the E blues and C blues scale to make a minor and major triad. EBlues came to "E A B" (1 3 5), and C blues to CEG. So CEG makes minor blues chords? I could've sworn CEG made major chords too.

I'm getting irritated. I want sweet metal chords and shit. Help me.
1 - You shouldn't be building chords from the blues scales, that's not where chords come from. Build the basic triads from the standard major scale. You're already coming in to issues with this because E A B isn't a normal triad, it's an Esus4; E G B is an Em triad.

2 - The name of the chord doesn't come from the scale you make it from, the name of the chord comes from the notes it contains. CEG is a C major triad because it contains a major third. For the record I don't know how you got to that from a C blues scale.

3 - Stop being lazy. Learn theory properly. Look up Freepower's bitesize theory lessons and The Crusade series of columns here on UG.

4 - If you want metal chords just stick with power chords until you know what you're doing. Right now you're just getting it all wrong.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Shit man at least you kept it real, thanks for clearing up a lot. As well as sonning me :p.
Quote by J2G
sonning

... I don't know what this word means
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by J2G
I can't lie I've been pretty lazy on learning theory, very on and off.

Today I took notes from the E blues and C blues scale to make a minor and major triad. EBlues came to "E A B" (1 3 5), and C blues to CEG. So CEG makes minor blues chords? I could've sworn CEG made major chords too.

Dude my suggestion to you is to learn the fretboard like the back of your hand and properly.You need something that ll take you correctly from A to Z without half assing solutions.A really great way to really learn your fretboard (and all the chords arpeggios scales etc etc etc) is books like the Guitar Fretboard workbook by Barrett Tagliarino.It takes you by the hand and literally makes learn the damn fretboard once and for all....Get also a pen and paper and you are set .

As Zaphod said...learn theory properly...no metal chords or minor blues chords....learn once and for all how to...fish(so to speak) and get it over with.Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel for every little thing you want just learn how the wheel works and make you life easier .
Learn theory, see what notes you need for what chord you want. write out all the ways you can play said chord pick out your favourite voicings and write out your own personnel.
Chord library. Good Luck!
But this goes up to 11
Quote by J2G

Lol. **** theory then.
Just seriously got into triads myself and getting them down was a huge boost to both fretboard knowledge and basic guitar music theory too. Some lessons can cause that ah-hah moment when what you've struggled with jumps into focus. BTW it was Justinguitar that started me on this track with his Triad lesson. Just saying..... oh well have at then.