What`s up dudes?
I thinks it`s time to use a power supply for my pedals since some of them run out of battery pretty quickly. Yes, I do unplug them when not in use.
I have heard that you can`t use one power supply for different type of pedals.
Just ask for any information you might need to help me and I shall give it to you!
The pedals I am using in my chain right now are:
Modded BOSS DS-1
EHX Small Stone nano
Line 6 Echo Park
Marshall GV2
Modded an circuit bent VOX original on occasions.
Dissonance is underrated.
I believe that all of those are 9v?

Depending on how much you want to spend, you can look at the t-rex or voodoo labs power supplies.

A cheaper option if the power supply with daisy chain that you can pick up for like $30.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
You have two options. You can either get something like a 1-Spot Power adaptor and daisy chain your pedals or get a dedicated DC brick like a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power and connect them to that. Using a 1-spot adapter is a very cheap solution but the main problem is that it doesnt provide isolated power to each pedal so it can get rather noisy. Using the Pedal Power is more costly but you will get isolated power to each pedal which will lessen hum.
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
Yes, all of those are 9V.
I noticed that the Boss pedal says that you should ONLY use a Boss adapter. Is it really necessary?
I don`t need more hum since I`ve got enough hum as it is :/
Is there any Voodoo Lab or T-Rex model you would recommend?
I've got a 1-spot running a few pedals myself. I don't get that much noise, but I also don't have a huge pedal board. Just a wah, gain boost, and a tuner.
Just make sure whatever you get has enough amps (power, not amplifiers) for everything in your setup. I believe (without looking at it right now) for example, the 1-spot handles 2500 milliamps. Most of the Boss type pedals are around 500 milliamps. Some Boutique effects take 1500+ milliamps. Saw a lot of people giving the 1 spot poor reviews because it won't power their big boxes, but it's not designed for that.
Don't worry about the Boss adapter only thing. Just make sure the polarity matches on the plug. Either positive tip or negative tip. That's the little picture near the adapter hole.
Quote by Lyrax
Yes, all of those are 9V.
I noticed that the Boss pedal says that you should ONLY use a Boss adapter. 1 Is it really necessary?
I don`t need more hum since I`ve got enough hum as it is :/
2 Is there any Voodoo Lab or T-Rex model you would recommend?

1. No. As long as it is the correct voltage and polarity it will work.

2. I would recommend the any of the Fuel Tank series by T-Rex, such as the classic or junior models. I think the junior would be better in your situation as it is has five 9v supplies but the classic may be better in the long run.
Thanks!
I`ll look into the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus actually. I think it will suffice.

ryanbwags wrote that a Boss pedal runs at about 500mA but the Voodoo has outputs that runs between 100 to 250mA. Could someone clear this up for me?
It should say right on the back of the pedal (or somewhere one it) what amperage is required.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
I use a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus, powering

Boss NS-2 Noise Gate
TC Electronics Polytune
Digitech Digidelay
Digtech Bad Monkey
Danelectro Surf N Turf (compressor)
Danelectro Fish n Chips (7Band EQ)
Marshall Bluesbreaker II

No issues/noise etc coming from it.

It will power 9V, 12V, 18V and 24V etc. It also has 2 "Sag" power sockets that allow you to turn down the power to get similar sounds to well used batteries, a pedal will always sound slightly different with a battery to a proper power supply.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Last edited by Bigbazz at May 1, 2013,
Quote by Lyrax
Thanks!
I`ll look into the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus actually. I think it will suffice.

ryanbwags wrote that a Boss pedal runs at about 500mA but the Voodoo has outputs that runs between 100 to 250mA. Could someone clear this up for me?

i don't have the numbers in front of me either, but from memory each PP2+ output has plenty of amps for just about any standalone pedal you'll run across.

the boss PSA-120 A/C adapter is rated for 500 mA, but i can't think of any boss pedals that even approach that.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by Bigbazz
I use a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus, powering

Boss NS-2 Noise Gate
TC Electronics Polytune
Digitech Digidelay
Digtech Bad Monkey
Danelectro Surf N Turf (compressor)
Danelectro Fish n Chips (7Band EQ)
Marshall Bluesbreaker II

No issues/noise etc coming from it.

It will power 9V, 12V, 18V and 24V etc. It also has 2 "Sag" power sockets that allow you to turn down the power to get similar sounds to well used batteries, a pedal will always sound slightly different with a battery to a proper power supply.

Looks like I`ll be okey with the stuff I have. The sag feature sounds pretty cool actually.
Thanks!
ryanbwags, oh I get it.