looking for my first guitar(electric)
$100-$200

I want to know if its good for indie rock like
two door cinema club
black keys
the yeah yeah yeahs

if not any recomendations
Black Keys guitarist actually uses a Telecaster from what I've seen. If you're going for that kinda brighter, jangly indie tone, consider a Telecaster of some sort.
If you can get around $100 more, you can get yourself a Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster. The Jazzmaster is excellent for alternative/indie
Tele's, Jazzmaster/Jaguar/Mustangs, SG's, etc are mostly used in these genres.

Black Keys guitarist uses a Hofner.

Eventually try Danelectro/solid-body Gretsch's.

Try alternative brands.
Does he really? I saw a video for "Hard Row" and I could have sworn he was playing a tele. This was also 4 years ago, so what do I know
rondomusic.com Check out the Tele and LP copies they got. You will get a much better guitar for your money than getting a POS Special ll. For $200 you can get a Agile AL-2000 which will blow that special away in every way possible.
They took my favorite Agile model off there about a year ago :/
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I once found a balloon filled with frosting that I ate....anyways I found out later on in life it was a used condom...

[color="Green"][B]while[/B][/COLOR] [color="Blue"]True[/COLOR]:
    [color="Green"][B]for[/B][/COLOR] i [color="Green"][B]in[/B][/COLOR] [[color="Teal"]"/"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"-"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"[/COLOR][color="Red"]\\[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR],[color="Teal"]"|"[/COLOR]]:
        [color="Green"][B]print[/B][/COLOR] [color="Teal"]"%s[/COLOR][color="Red"]\r[/COLOR][color="Teal"]"[/COLOR] % i,
Quote by knya1
so what about a Squier Standard Tele

That would be better. Again - what amp are you using?
OffsetOffset
Ah, so what's your total budget for everything? We can help you pick out an amp too, there are some nice inexpensive options out there.
OffsetOffset
Don't get the Special II. Lots of plastic parts and it will start to fall apart on you. There are much better entry-level guitars out there.

I don't own a guitar from Rondo Music but they have a very good reputation for inexpensive gear. I'm considering getting one of the Tele copies.

http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar.html
$300

two door cinema club

shapes like LP

no preference

new

Baltimore,MD

none
Quote by knya1
$300

two door cinema club

shapes like LP

no preference

new

Baltimore,MD

none

How about one of these? People rave about the Agiles.

http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar-ss4.html

Also you say new but you can get great deals if you check Craig's List. I've gotten an Epiphone LP Studio with hard case for $200 and it was like new. If you decide to go this route make sure you bring someone with you who is experience with guitars, though!
Last edited by Huge Guy at May 1, 2013,
Check out Guitar Center's used, I know you said new, but just take a peek - you'll get a better deal used.

Otherwise Agile or Squier, don't do that particular Epiphone, they're junk.

Then look at a Vox in the VT line or a Fender Mustang for an amp.
OffsetOffset