Hey guys .....i am going to buy my 1st electric guitar ...pls suggest me some good guitars ....i play metal, blues and very oftenly grunge ....my budget is 400$ ..please suggest me some kickass axes .

Well you are on the verge to purchase your first electric guitar so you are quite exited I think. You have mentioned that your budget is $400, their are plenty of electric guitars can be found within this price range. For your first electric guitar I'd suggest you to go for a fixed bridge guitar. Try to avoid guitars that feature Floydrose bridge as your first electric guitar. Why? Because changing strings and adjustment of tuning in Floydrose bridge is a bit time demanding than the fixed bridge guitars. But they are not very complicated, many players have been playing and taking care of them quite easily. Floydrose guitars are just tedious to learn to set up properly. Moreover cheap guitars with Floydrose bridge do not stay in tune properly. So if you want to have a good Floydrose guitar you should raise your budget. But as you are just starting out so you should go for a fixed bridge guitar.

I've used LTD m-53 as my first electric guitar. It has HSS pickup system. Its quite good sounding, it has thin and comfortable neck and it stays in tune very well. LTD EX-50 and LTD EC-200QM should work just fine for your music taste. You can also try for Ibanez ART 100 or ART 120. All these guitars have fixed bridge and they feature HH pickup system. But before purchasing, play the guitar at the store, listen to the sound of the guitar and check whether it is comfortable for your hands or not.
There's plenty of good Ibanez RG models for fairly cheap on eBay. The RG120 comes to mind. You can probably find one for under $300 easily. Look for 'factory second/2nd' ones. They're usually perfectly fine, they just didn't pass visual quality inspections. Usually it's something dumb like a blemish on the finish or a small nick in it. There's a seller by the name of 'barryclarkmusic' that pretty much specializes in these kinds of factory seconds.

I suggest going with a fixed bridge as well. The tremolo makes it a very difficult and frustrating experience dealing with a guitar that goes out of tune at least once a day.
preferences :-
body :better if its strat with 22 frets.
Brand : Ibanez, ESP, Kramer, Jackson
Pickups: active/passive but should be with nice tone
a New guitar.. not used 1 .
I live in Mumbai (INDIA).
i've my cousins Ibanez 250dx
Amp:marshall mg10cf
pedals: boss ds1
PLZ NOTE THAT MY BUDGET IS 400$ .....
Quote by SlashRahane

Amp:marshall mg10cf

OK I'll go there.

SlashRahane, what you need is a new amp. I dread to think what "metal, blues and very oftenly grunge" sounds like coming through your 10w Marshall MG.

These guys - http://www.bajaao.com/shop/4-stage-amplifiers/55-guitar-amplifiers/6074-peavey-vypyr-30-30w-1x12-guitar-combo-modeling-amplifier.html - have the Peavy Vypyr 30 for 17200 rupees which is around $320.

This is a far better purchase for you than a new guitar.
Quote by Wesbanez
OK I'll go there.

SlashRahane, what you need is a new amp. I dread to think what "metal, blues and very oftenly grunge" sounds like coming through your 10w Marshall MG.

These guys - http://www.bajaao.com/shop/4-stage-amplifiers/55-guitar-amplifiers/6074-peavey-vypyr-30-30w-1x12-guitar-combo-modeling-amplifier.html - have the Peavy Vypyr 30 for 17200 rupees which is around $320.

This is a far better purchase for you than a new guitar.

i found a used Roland 40xl amp ....so im going for that 1 too .
is it a better amp ??
Quote by desperatechris
You must be the richest person in Hyrule.

I think the Indian sub-continent was using Rupees before some little gimp in a green man-dress
Quote by Wesbanez
I think the Indian sub-continent was using Rupees before some little gimp in a green man-dress

you never know