Really like the intro - the gentle storm, orchestra, harp, and overdrive guitar is really good. I wish that maybe in the transition, there would have been a bit more of a volume increase, but if not, that's fine. I think it could probably use some vocals, but if you couldn't get a vocalist or don't have the equipment, or whatever, it's cool. The chorus is very mysterious with that keyboard coming in, and the double bass kick is a good transition back to verse. The bridge was very interesting, very melodic. I really like how you incorporated keyboard in there. The guitar solos are all very good and solid, I can't say I'd change too much with them because I can't personally solo to save my life. The outro is also very melodic, similar to the bridge, I love how that keyboard works it's way in! All in all, incredibly solid track, all it really needs to have it upheld in my opinion, are some good vocals.

If you get a second, feel free to check out my first album!:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1599760
Awesome song! Really like it!
Really liked the intro! But i think that maybe you can tweak the volumes better.
Good drums playing, sound, and panning.
The guitar tone is good but need a low pass filter, to make it less harsh and thin and more pleasant to hear.
Love the synth! Both sound and playing! How did you get this sound? Please respond!
Very nice solo and lead parts, try to add some reverb/delay.

Please check out my new demo and critique (mixing and song)
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1600205
Thanks to both of you guys, and I'll be checking out your guys' stuff asap! Jready - Vocals will be added soon, but lyrics are still being worked on. Also, I'm not terribly worried about the mix since the final recording and mixing will be done in a studio by a professional, just trying to get the ideas across.

ThoriumEx - the synth stuff was all done in guitar pro, exported to midi then imported into FLStudio where I replaced the instruments. I used the Oatmeal VST plugin to get that keyboard sound and the strings are from the EWQL Colossus package.
Quote by The Raven
Thanks to both of you guys, and I'll be checking out your guys' stuff asap! Jready - Vocals will be added soon, but lyrics are still being worked on. Also, I'm not terribly worried about the mix since the final recording and mixing will be done in a studio by a professional, just trying to get the ideas across.

ThoriumEx - the synth stuff was all done in guitar pro, exported to midi then imported into FLStudio where I replaced the instruments. I used the Oatmeal VST plugin to get that keyboard sound and the strings are from the EWQL Colossus package.

Wow thats alot of knobs there!
Its the first time im using a synth.
Did you made the preset yourself?
Or did you download it?
Anyway, can you send it to me?
Thanks alot
Last edited by ThoriumEx at May 8, 2013,