I'm going to pick up a phaser or flanger in the next week or so and wanted to know if there is anything other than the phase 90 that is worth looking at. i'd like to keep the price under $130.

also, what is the difference between the standard phase 90, script phase 90, and EVH model?
Last edited by andrerist at Apr 29, 2013,
The Joyo phaser is a clone of the phase 90, in case you want to save a quid or three.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
the script is based on the '74 phase 90 and has the best voicing IMO. The EVH is similar but has a switch feature to go back and forth between script mode and the evh sig tone.
I have the script and my friend has the Joyo. For the money the joyo is excellent, but I prefer the sound of mine.
Try them out in store if you can and see which you like better.
http://www.cmatmods.com/analog-phaser.html

about 140 sold on pro shop guitar. cmats are usa made hand built 1 by 1. good stuff.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by T7E
I dunno what the VFE Enterprise costs, but they are worth checking out

This.
But you'll have to keep an eye out for a used one. They go for about $180 new I think, but I managed to nab mine for $120.
Kenneth
Don't be afraid to go for Joyo just 'cause they're new or stuff... I have a Voodoo Octave and it sounds amazing! It's very strong too, doesn't seem like it's gonna breake soon.
id look at the eh small stone. great pedal with a voicing switch that adds plenty of flavor. plus its under 100 bucks
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Line 6 M5. Phaser, flanger, and a bunch of other wonderful things for $130.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
I like the Maxon Pt999 myself. I picked one up used in mint condition for $60 a few months ago. The small stone is sweet but I find the Maxon to be a bit more clear and creamy.
Small Stone, but not the nano version. You should be able to find one on eBay quite easily.